The Dorking Breeders thread

It seems to me that Dorkings are on the verge of a renaissance. They have the multi purpose utility many new chicken fanciers want and a romantic history to boot. The SOP sources seem limited at best, and when I spoke with Murray McMurray last week about their Silver Gray cockerels they said they are selling out about 3 weeks prior to hatch.

It seems to me that Dorkings are on the verge of a renaissance. They have the multi purpose utility many new chicken fanciers want and a romantic history to boot. The SOP sources seem limited at best, and when I spoke with Murray McMurray last week about their Silver Gray cockerels they said they are selling out about 3 weeks prior to hatch.
I am not a Dorking person but do hang around their breeding threads a bit because the Sussex I used to have, have the Dorking as an important ancestor. I think the White Dorking is at the best state of perfection at this time. Yes, they can improve but all in all they are in a nice place.
Best,
Karen

ISO Silver Grey Dorking chicks or eggs. I am seeking high quality foundation lines for the start of my breeding program. NPIP preferred, but I am open as long as flocks are healthy. New Hampshire USA. I am also open to trios/quads or juveniles. Thank you!

Leela
Kindred Hill Farm
Deering NH
Member APA and American Sussex Association

GM all:

I too am looking for Dorkings....I have two red girls, lost two to a fox, and one viable egg in the incubator (power outage) from a backyard breeder in upstate NY.
I can attest that D. Horstman is sold out and Sandhill too...Does anyone know who has some Red's???

TIA!

ISO Silver Grey Dorking chicks or eggs. I am seeking high quality foundation lines for the start of my breeding program. NPIP preferred, but I am open as long as flocks are healthy. New Hampshire USA. I am also open to trios/quads or juveniles. Thank you!

Leela
Kindred Hill Farm
Deering NH
Member APA and American Sussex Association
Mary Wetterstroem also breeds Silver Greys also.

https://www.facebook.com/Roseland-Haven-Farm-170211816402340/

Hi just getting into the dorking breed but they are going to be what I have decided to breed and have started setting up pens for them. My question is I stubled on this thread after ordering from Meyer. Does anyone have experice with what type of stock they have and if they are even work starting with. I want to work on the silver grey line and breed back to the standards. Hoping to be order from somewhere with maybe show quality or close to next year (waited too long for this year it looks like). Thanks for any insight!

Back
Top Bottom