The Duck Thread

Some do.

My runners laid for 14 months, then a month rest, then 12 months, then a few weeks' rest, then 9 months, now 3 months' rest and counting.

As we can see, they don't quite have a real rhythm. There are so many variables, too. I am happy for them to take a rest.

Some ducks lay year 'round - generally speaking. And a number of breeds are seasonal layers, like Muscovies and Black East Indies (from what I read).

Some do.

My runners laid for 14 months, then a month rest, then 12 months, then a few weeks' rest, then 9 months, now 3 months' rest and counting.

As we can see, they don't quite have a real rhythm. There are so many variables, too. I am happy for them to take a rest.

Some ducks lay year 'round - generally speaking. And a number of breeds are seasonal layers, like Muscovies and Black East Indies (from what I read).

Some ducks do lay all year only taking a break to molt. Others lay kinda seasonal like spring and occasionally fall.

Oh so now I get it!
P.S Can somebody please post pics of their broody duck if they have one because my friend thinks hes duck is broody!

Oh so now I get it!
P.S Can somebody please post pics of their broody duck if they have one because my friend thinks hes duck is broody!
200x200px-ZC-e17664d8_IMG_2981_2.jpeg
This is one of my broodys from last summer. you have to look closely but she has her feathers lining her nest.

Last edited:
Great broody pic Miss Lydia. This morning we are hatching out Ancona ducklings again..... Incubator not broody. I actually rarely have any broody ducks because I keep the eggs collected up constantly. Silkies chickens on the other hand are always broody and they will try to sit an empty nest if you take the eggs every day.

Great broody pic Miss Lydia. This morning we are hatching out Ancona ducklings again..... Incubator not broody. I actually rarely have any broody ducks because I keep the eggs collected up constantly. Silkies chickens on the other hand are always broody and they will try to sit an empty nest if you take the eggs every day.
Congrats on ducklings, don't forget to post pics..

200x200px-ZC-e17664d8_IMG_2981_2.jpeg
This is one of my broodys from last summer. you have to look closely but she has her feathers lining her nest.
Thank you for posting!I just showed it to my friend and he told you "Thank You Very Very Very much"Oh and hes duck is broody
lau.gif

Can you please spread the word about this thread to all of your duck friend please!
Thank you!

Thank you for posting,keep us updated!
Can you please spread the word about this thread to all of your duck friend please!

Wish I could find the photo of our two ducks sharing a nest. Both were broody, they would either double up or tag team on the nest.

Of the runners, Fünf gets the prize for best broody.

Back
Top Bottom