The Duck Thread

18 eggs into the bator
fl.gif
wee.gif

My goodness Dan are you starting your own lil hatchery? lol your lil ones that are 2 weeks are precious.

Is that now 3 boys and 3 girls??? I have 2 boys and 13 girls and one of my males acts jerky with that ratio. I think common thinking is 1:6 to 1:4 is the max ratio when you have multiples of both. (One of mine is just extra jerky). The size of your land has something to do with it. I think the two types of ducks can get along fine. @Miss Lydia

Yes. I am adding more girls a little at a time. I know it's off but the original group of four have been doing great together until Spring hit. Now hormones are raging and so I added these 2 cute muscovies. The boys don't want anything to do with these new girls yet. It's only been since Friday but I was hoping to see a little more bonding.

Yes.  I am adding more girls a little at a time.  I know it's off but the original group of four have been doing great together until Spring hit.  Now hormones are raging and so I added these 2 cute muscovies.  The boys don't want anything to do with these new girls yet.  It's only been since Friday but I was hoping to see a little more bonding.

We have 18 ducks right now split pretty much right down the middle. The "little ducks" are Rouen, Mallard, Campbell 4 males 4 females and its kinda rough. The "big ducks " our scovies, make up another 8. 1 or two males. And two Peking that I got to try and add females to the little ducks. My little and big ones completely ignore each other for the most part with Chatty and Kathy the Pekings moving from one to the other. They won't even use the creek at the same time. Only time they get together is bedtime and when I break out the lettuce treat lol.

We have 18 ducks right now split pretty much right down the middle. The "little ducks" are Rouen, Mallard, Campbell 4 males 4 females and its kinda rough. The "big ducks " our scovies, make up another 8. 1 or two males. And two Peking that I got to try and add females to the little ducks. My little and big ones completely ignore each other for the most part with Chatty and Kathy the Pekings moving from one to the other. They won't even use the creek at the same time. Only time they get together is bedtime and when I break out the lettuce treat lol.

Wow, you are lucky! My problem drake is a Rouen. If I had four of him, all my girls would be walking around plucked and ready to roast.
somad.gif
(OK, the drakes would just be in permanent jail.)
roll.png

Wow, you are lucky!  My problem drake is a Rouen.  If I had four of him, all my girls would be walking around plucked and ready to roast. :mad: (OK, the drakes would just be in permanent jail.) :rolleyes:

Lol my Rouen is the good boy of the group. I just added two KC females yesterday so I'm hoping it helps. My two little mallard boys are my problem. They are always chasing other ducks and harassing my girls. Had them in drake jail for a bit but it didn't really help. And they are pretty much wild and always freaking out when I come in pen. At least they're pretty!

Back
Top Bottom