The EE braggers thread!!!

I am glad you like her, she is a very unique little lady. Thank you for clearing up my confusion about the "breed" I am glad that I can sell my little mutt chickens as Easter Eggers.

Hello EE friends!

I just wanted to update and tell ya that "Rue" really ended up being a ROO! So here is a pic of my gorgeous maturing EE Rooster. Being new to chickens, and I have no idea what his "coloring" is called, but he is really pretty! His feathers have red iridescence, and his black feathers shine purple/green. He is so friendly, and hops up on my shoulder, usually when I am holding his girlfriend Poppett.

Rue

Love Birds, Poppett and Rue

I love looking at everyone's EEs. So much variety.

Here's my 4 1/2 month EE, Monkey. (She was a brown chipmunk chick!
big_smile.png
) She's the lowest in the pecking order, but is the family favorite because she's so purty. Two months ago, she was kind of plain looking, but she came out quite nice! Waiting for eggs.
droolin.gif

My Easter Eggers have hatched. Hooray! 12 made it to the hatcher and 10 came out. Most of them are quite dark, which is a bit of a surprise to me. 4 hatched from brown eggs (their mother is an EExRIR cross) and 6 from blue eggs (black Ameraucana and 2 regular wild-type EEs). The fathers were a buff Ameraucana, a blue/lavender split EE, and possibly a black Ameraucana. I think I will actually band these so I can compare their chick down to their adult colors.

Back
Top Bottom