The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

To keep weevils and bugs out of your feed, shove a stick or two of peppermint gum down in it. You can leave it in the wrapper. I return buggy feed, if the color is off, or if I see big clumps, like it got wet inside, and/or if it's moldy.

I can't buy Dumor unless I am in a desperate situation. I bought one bag of starter once and it was okay, though it didn't smell as good as Tucker Milling. Then, the second one was green. Yuck, took it back. I knew they had a rep for bad feed, per Ladyhawk's terrible history with moldy TSC feeds, and I guess it's well-earned, at least at some locations.

I feed a Country Companion feed and my birds seem to really like it. They hated the mash from the feed mill that we use to get... If only I could find it in pellets...

Around here most co-ops have been run out of business. Used to be one in every little town, but not anymore. Everyone used to farm too, including us, but family farms are all but extinct. There a few hanging on, but not many.

Around here most co-ops have been run out of business. Used to be one in every little town, but not anymore. Everyone used to farm too, including us, but family farms are all but extinct. There a few hanging on, but not many.

Extinct family farms are a perfect example of both population, and govt. stupidity.

Our feedmill here is running itself under... The manager is a weirdo and the rest are just rude. They refuse to roll feed for people so everyone is going to the neighboring town because their feed is less dusty and smells amazing compared to ours... We swapped and have noticed a higher feed intake in the steers and they finish a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom