The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

I have two warm pair of those finger mittens. I still need to remove them for grasping some stuff, and exposing just my fingertips is no better in such cold weather anyways. Lots of making fists in my gloves to warm my fingers.

You are pretty good at knitting.

Thanks, Lisa, though this is crocheting. Knitting involves two needles and the weave is tighter, generally. Also, if you make a mistake, it's harder to correct with knitting, I'm told. I haven't tried knitting yet and probably won't. I have enough to do with crochet and quilting. I finished the little boy's airplane quilt today. Have to design some sort of quilt around my historic print fabrics now. I love them but have trouble finding the right thing to showcase them, but my gut says old-fashioned blocks work best with old-fashioned fabrics.

Sorry, my brain must have froze today, you crochet, not knit, I knew that. Could also be too many carbs from all the junky food I've been eating at these family gatherings.

Your quilts are gorgeous too. My mother makes them. It's lots of tedious work.

Sorry, my brain must have froze today, you crochet, not knit, I knew that. Could also be too many carbs from all the junky food I've been eating at these family gatherings.

Your quilts are gorgeous too. My mother makes them. It's lots of tedious work.

Thanks. I'm not sure why I bother. No one buys them, or rarely. I have limited space to put them here. I have one bed besides the daybed in the guest bedroom in the basement so not much need for twenty quilts for us. I already have a spring/summer, fall and winter quilts for the bed, plus my grandmothers' quilts.

You do it because you enjoy it, I think. Same reason I put puzzles together only to destroy them to put them back in the box.

Maybe you could donate them? I'm sure many people would appreciate a hand made quilt.

You do it because you enjoy it, I think. Same reason I put puzzles together only to destroy them to put them back in the box.

Maybe you could donate them? I'm sure many people would appreciate a hand made quilt.

Maybe. Maybe I should pick one friend to send a finished quilt to if I decide not to keep it. I have a few lap quilts, table runners (some hand quilted, not machine), wall hangings, etc. When you have a beautiful hand quilted table runner for sale for almost two years and no bites and it's at a giveaway price, it's discouraging. Maybe I should raise the price way up. I've seen some people do that and sell stuff better than if it was at a lower price.

Cyn the elderly at a local assisted living make quilts once a months and donate them to patients at a local Dialysis and the patients absolutely love them...

That's a nice thing to do and I'm sure they love them. They're probably making some very simple little quilts. I probably couldn't make one like I make each month and donate (it's an amazing amount of work and expense and I like to create something a bit more complex than those most likely are) though I could maybe donate some of the small lap quilts here and there. I don't really make that many, overall, it's just that they've piled up over the last three years or so. My sons wouldn't give a flying fig about them.

Most people do not comprehend the difference between a hand-made quilt and something bought in wal mart. My mom hand-cut, hand-sewed,and hand-quilted every quilt she made. When she made large bed-sized quilts each took her a year to finish. They are unique and amazing, but my sisters and I would have a hard time letting them go, as they would likely not be appreciated as the works of art they are.

Don't feel bad about hanging on to them, unless you find someone you think would enjoy them as they deserve.

I'm glad you understand, Mary.

They've changed our forecast for the worst for New Year's. The last time it got to 2* real temp was the night Isaac got frostbite from sleeping on the floor with his bad circulation.
upload_2017-12-26_9-15-22.png
upload_2017-12-26_9-15-22.png

Back
Top Bottom