The Exercise & Motivation Thread - 2024

Going to do Week 1 Day 1. Be right back...
Is that 26 different moves?
How many of each? That might kill me.
Screenshot_20240101-194547.png

Is that 26 different moves?
How many of each? That might kill me.View attachment 3716944
Each day is a different muscle group. Day one is chest and triceps. Day two is back and biceps. Day three is shoulders mixed with cardio moves, and day four is legs. Rest between days two and three and you get a two day rest after day four. So, I workout on Monday(chest and tricep) and Tuesday(back and bicep), rest on Wednesday, shoulders on Thursday and legs on Friday. Rest on the weekend. Each weigh lifting move is ten reps. The days that have the gray blocks are the days that have the HIIT at the end. So you do less weight lifting but more cardio. Today was chest and triceps with HIIT(cardio) at the end. I wrote down the HIIT moves and how many seconds you do them, that's my little notes you see. Here is what I just did
IMG_20240101_213646088~2.jpg

Hope this makes more sense but youtube has great workout videos too. Or someone could take a walk, go for a run, just move more

Each day is a different muscle group. Day one is chest and triceps. Day two is back and biceps. Day three is shoulders mixed with cardio moves, and day four is legs. Rest between days two and three and you get a two day rest after day four. So, I workout on Monday(chest and tricep) and Tuesday(back and bicep), rest on Wednesday, shoulders on Thursday and legs on Friday. Rest on the weekend. Each weigh lifting move is ten reps. The days that have the gray blocks are the days that have the HIIT at the end. So you do less weight lifting but more cardio. Today was chest and triceps with HIIT(cardio) at the end. I wrote down the HIIT moves and how many seconds you do them, that's my little notes you see. Here is what I just did
View attachment 3716976
Hope this makes more sense but youtube has great workout videos too. Or someone could take a walk, go for a run, just move more
So, tomorrow I will do these workouts and fill this section in. No gray blocks so no HIIT
IMG_20240101_213646088~3.jpg

Did end up doing my workout last night. It was back and biceps day, no cardio. My favorite workout day. Glad I got it done, now I get a rest day today. Gonna do a little stretching though. When you weight lift, your muscles tend to tighten up because they want to get more blood into them so stretching them back out is always a good idea. Has anyone else started anything?

Has anyone else started anything?
Hubby and I are working out on the elliptical now. He started it, so I had to join in. Y'all might laugh... we're doing 15 minutes now.

We started this mid-December. I think my neighbor having a heart attack and spending 11 days in the hospital was a wake up call. (She's home and doing well.) She has 10 years and 30-40 pounds on us, but still.

For my age, max heart rate is 155-160. Target of 50-85%... I can get to 80 bpm, no problem, and do that for 15 minutes. I want to get to 100 (62%) and do that for 10 minutes, and work my way up to 120 for 10 minutes.

It might take a while, and that's ok.

I want to get one of those finger pulse monitor thingies. The pulse monitor in the handles of our elliptical is bs, as it'll tell me I'm at 72 or 88 or 68 at random times. I've been taking my pulse at the end of my workout, and it's around 120. YAY! I'm up to 20 minutes now, too.

Both hubby and I have noticed improvements in our stamina since we've been doing this. :thumbsup

I've been working MUCH harder since I've been listening to my MP3 player.

I want to get one of those finger pulse monitor thingies. The pulse monitor in the handles of our elliptical is bs, as it'll tell me I'm at 72 or 88 or 68 at random times. I've been taking my pulse at the end of my workout, and it's around 120. YAY! I'm up to 20 minutes now, too.

Both hubby and I have noticed improvements in our stamina since we've been doing this. :thumbsup

I've been working MUCH harder since I've been listening to my MP3 player.
Have you ever thought about getting a Fitbit?

Back
Top Bottom