THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

Pics
Such a nice collection of eggs...Chickaletta is the larger white one. :)
20170915_162440.jpg

So, I have a conundrum. Louise was in the nesting box this morning. After she got out I found this brown egg. Now...she was sold to me as a white leghorn. She looks like Chickaletta except her comb and wattle are smaller and her tail is more rounded and fluffy whereas Chickaletta's is straight and pointy, kinda. Is there another breed that may have these traits and be confused for leghorn? 20170920_093923.jpg

So, I have a conundrum. Louise was in the nesting box this morning. After she got out I found this brown egg. Now...she was sold to me as a white leghorn. She looks like Chickaletta except her comb and wattle are smaller and her tail is more rounded and fluffy whereas Chickaletta's is straight and pointy, kinda. Is there another breed that may have these traits and be confused for leghorn?View attachment 1140902
Maybe White Rock? There are quiet a few breeds that can have solid white coloring.

Last edited:
So, I have a conundrum. Louise was in the nesting box this morning. After she got out I found this brown egg. Now...she was sold to me as a white leghorn. She looks like Chickaletta except her comb and wattle are smaller and her tail is more rounded and fluffy whereas Chickaletta's is straight and pointy, kinda. Is there another breed that may have these traits and be confused for leghorn?View attachment 1140902
People will sell anything in the name of certain breeds. It's sad but I hope that you enjoy her anyway.

Back
Top Bottom