The Front Porch Swing

First I want to thank everyone for their prayers and condolences. I am doing some better today. The pastor from the church I went to Sunday stopped by today. He was on vacation Sunday so I didn't meet him. I like him very much. I will be going back this Sunday.
I went to Veteran Services yesterday and if I can obtain a copy of a divorce decree from Denver they may be able to get me a pension. I tried before to get it and they said I had to come in person or send a courier to get it. I will try again tonight to do it online.
We are doing a celebration of Doug's life on August 9th. It is the soonest all the immediate family can be together .Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers and pray that Doug is in God's embrace.

Deb,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no doubt that Doug is in God's hands. I went through something similar with my brother in 2007 and my neighbor last year. It can't be the same as a spouse but I'm sure there are others out there who have some level of understanding and experience so +1 to what Bruce said..... anything at all you need to talk through or vent, don't hesitate to bring it to the porch.

hugs

Tomorrow is my big day. I've been on a 1200 calorie high protein diet for 2 weeks and am down 10 pounds. Tomorrow I go in for my gastric sleeve surgery. They will keep me overnight and I'll be home on Thursday. Wish me luck with the surgery (I HATE hospitals) and hopefully by Christmas I'll be 1/2 of the woman I am today, more or less. :)

Tomorrow is my big day. I've been on a 1200 calorie high protein diet for 2 weeks and am down 10 pounds. Tomorrow I go in for my gastric sleeve surgery. They will keep me overnight and I'll be home on Thursday. Wish me luck with the surgery (I HATE hospitals) and hopefully by Christmas I'll be 1/2 of the woman I am today, more or less. :)
Oh that's so exciting! And good job on the 10 pounds! I'll be praying hard that the Good Lord guides the surgeon's hands! Please, keep us updated as you begin this amazing journey! And I'll be walking right beside you.

I'll pray for you. Congrats on the success to date. I pray that you will be blessed with good health and a skilled surgeon.

Looks like a lovely time!  The grins on the kids' faces are priceless!

Got two eggs today - Ida laid her usual little brown grape.  When I went in to clean the poop board this morning (or the "poop deck", as Katie calls it!) there was a perfect little blue egg waiting to be discovered!  I have no idea which of the 5 Easter Eggers laid it during the night, but I suspect it was Mathilda since she's been acting like she was the closest to laying. I was so excited.  Oh, I giggled....I almost danced a jig!  I oohed and ahhed at it's beautiful color and perfection, even though it had poop and PDZ stuck to it.  Then I broke it.  :he   Yep, I did.  I was trying to pick up between my thumb and forefinger so I wouldn't get too yucky and it squirted right out, hit the edge of the poop deck and then the coop floor, and that was that.

You can check their butts. There's quite difference between a chicken that laid an egg and one that hasn't yet.

And what is so funny is that when I first got interested in chickens, I heard on and on about the amount of poop and I had second thoughts that maybe I didn't want to get into such a dirty hobby.   10 months later I probably have it in my hair.     :lau

My garden loves all this poop :lol: composted first, ofcourse.

If I crack an egg just a little, I usually go ahead and crack it all the way and put the yolk in a container in the fridge so I will remember to use it first. 

If I bust an egg or find one busted I scoop up as much as I can and toss it to the girls. Waste not, want not.

Anyway. Thomas is sick. It looked like Scarlet fever on Sunday, but yesterday the rash faded some, fever gone, cheeks only slightly pink. took him to the Dr just in case, ofcourse they had us waiting a freaking hour grr Dr barely listening to what I had to say, brushed it off as a random virus. They did take a strep culture just in case. I don't go to the doctor often, and when I do, they always make me regret it. He fell asleep around 5pm and woke up at 630am this morning.... hardly wants to eat or drink. Sunday he slept all day off and on. Didn't play at all. He's cranky and overly emotional. *sigh*

Eggs are due to hatch Firday... I need to build a small coop or something.

One of the young birds has started crowing (foghorn). Only once though. Thank goodness.

Poo in your hair.. :lau
We recently got ducks, hope their poo is good for the compost/ garden..
Oh boy, praying for a quick recovery for Thomas

We started a new thread join in..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/902913/what-would-we-do-without
Don't have a swing on our porch, however we hang out front by the garden and have afternoon tea with our wonderful neighbors.. & share our farm fresh eggs..

Last edited:
Hello City Farmer! I don't believe we've met, but if I'm wrong, please don't tell me. Just let me live in blissful ignorance so I'm not reminded about how often i forget things! I'm Blooie (Diane) and I'm kinda the token dummy!

Hello City Farmer! I don't believe we've met, but if I'm wrong, please don't tell me. Just let me live in blissful ignorance so I'm not reminded about how often i forget things! I'm Blooie (Diane) and I'm kinda the token dummy!

No have not been on here in a while.. Had a little extra time today, just relaxing in the heat.. We are always on our front porch, yard visiting..
We promote the old school, get to know your wonderful neighbors. By hanging out in the front.. We have BON fire with roasted marshmallows during cooler months..

First I want to thank everyone for their prayers and condolences. I am doing some better today. The pastor from the church I went to Sunday stopped by today. He was on vacation Sunday so I didn't meet him. I like him very much. I will be going back this Sunday.
I went to Veteran Services yesterday and if I can obtain a copy of a divorce decree from Denver they may be able to get me a pension. I tried before to get it and they said I had to come in person or send a courier to get it. I will try again tonight to do it online.
We are doing a celebration of Doug's life on August 9th. It is the soonest all the immediate family can be together .Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers and pray that Doug is in God's embrace.

You are still in our prayers! We are here if you need us.

No such thing as a token dummy... Teller of wonderful, cry down your pants leg laughing stories, compassionate woman, yeah... but no dummy!

Back
Top Bottom