The Front Porch Swing

From what I can tell the 'rebels' thought they downed a Ukrainian cargo plane. Their leader posted a triumphant post on Twitter about the cargo plane they downed. Once news came out it was a passenger plane, the post was removed. I don't really buy all the conspiracy bull... that one really makes most sense. Whoever pushed that button will probably not sleep very well anymore. There's some really graphic pictures out there...

"He gave a breakdown of the known nationalities of the 280 passengers: 154 were Dutch, 27 were Australians, 23 were Malaysians, 11 were Indonesian, six were from the United Kingdom, four were from Germany; four were from Belgium, three were from the Philippines and one was Canadian. Authorities were still trying to determine the nationalities of the other passengers."

Needless to say.. being Dutch, I read a lot of articles in Dutch about it.
thanks for the update

Saw a miracle today...Kendra stood without holding on to anything. She pulled herself up, then she let go. She was flapping her arms in time to the music!

I wish I had a head of hair like that child's hair. Two years old, and look at that!
love.gif

Oh Blooie that is beyond awesome. I assume this means she will be walking one day .... with only a little assistance?

deb
Thanks, Deb! I was flabbergasted today! The goal is for her to be able to walk with AFO's (ankle/foot osthethics) and the additional support of hand crutches. She'll spend most of her time in the chair, because her walking will be limited to short distances, but she shouldn't need it at all for just putzing around the house. She should be able to get from room to room without getting into her wheelchair. Today was HUGE! She didn't even realize she did it the first time, but she sure did after that!

Thanks, Deb!  I was flabbergasted today!  The goal is for her to be able to walk with AFO's (ankle/foot osthethics) and the additional support of hand crutches.  She'll spend most of her time in the chair, because her walking will be limited to short distances, but she shouldn't need it at all for just putzing around the house.  She should be able to get from room to room without getting into her wheelchair.  Today was HUGE!  She didn't even realize she did it the first time, but she sure did after that!  

That is so wonderful! Great to hear and love the pictures. And I to am jealous of her hair!

Thanks, Alice.  She is a cutie-pie, even if I do say so!  God forgot to tell her she has a disability and we ain't gonna tell her either!  :duc

She's perfect :) my niece was never able to walk but she was the most amazing girl you could ever meet. The happiness she had and her smiles.... She had the best laugh! Couldn't help but smile. Everyone who met her learned so much. I'm sure your granddaughter is another little ambassador showing people perfect comes in all different packages ;)

Thanks, Alice.  She is a cutie-pie, even if I do say so!  God forgot to tell her she has a disability and we ain't gonna tell her either!  :duc

And so it should be. Get out with what you got, don't look at what you don't have and wish otherwise. It just makes for a lot of disappointment and jealousy.

Unfortunately my step son is other way around. His mom has milked his disabilities to the point he feels he deserves special treatment and help out everything and is just really tiring to be around because of it.

As a good kids book that we love around here says, "you get what you get and you don't get upset!" good motto for life, I think!

Oh how exciting!  Good job!!  We need pictures, you know!

Well, maybe I got some pictures? These guys are 2-3 days old now. 1 egg didn't hatch, but it wasn't one of ours.

This is a product the new Buff Orpington Roo x Barred Rock hens at 2-3 days old. As you can see, some have white faces, and others a goldy/yellow near the bill.

Here is the bantam chicken mutt (Lil Mamma) with her chicks. You can see a white face clearly.

Maybe we can see the darker face here?

And here are some photos of the 3.5 week olds:
these guys are quite feathered out. What I find very interesting is that these guys, brought up in a box with a light, are much larger and feathered out than the ones brought up by Big Mamma. Same food, just one batch under lights (more feathered and skittish), and one batch under Mamma which is much more friendly smaller, but fewer feathers and quite a bit smaller.

Back
Top Bottom