The Front Porch Swing

It's great to see you again!  Sounds like you have been very busy.  I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with, but there's folks a lot more clever than I am on the Porch!

I think being on the forum knocked some cobwebs loose! I just came up with a name!

How does The Tree Hollow sound? I remember going up to these big old oaks when I was a child and looking into the tiny hidey holes in the trees, trying to see in the shadowy depths. Animals would hide inside and I could never see them, but the mystery kept me coming back.

I imagine that sort of mystery would keep me going into a store. I like to visit places where I'm not sure what I'll find. The sensation of discovery is what really intrigues me. :)

I think being on the forum knocked some cobwebs loose! I just came up with a name!

How does The Tree Hollow sound? I remember going up to these big old oaks when I was a child and looking into the tiny hidey holes in the trees, trying to see in the shadowy depths. Animals would hide inside and I could never see them, but the mystery kept me coming back.

I imagine that sort of mystery would keep me going into a store. I like to visit places where I'm not sure what I'll find. The sensation of discovery is what really intrigues me. :)

That actually sounds like an awesome name!

I like that name!

Warning short rant ahead....
well, my realtor called Tuesday, we got an offer on the house. We needed to accept, decline or counter by Wednesday 5:00. We counter offered and wait. We're OK waiting to see if they accept or not, finally my realtor calls at 7:00 pm Thursday night and says they accepted our counter. Yeah! We wait, I email him at 11 am the next day, and wait. finally, I call him at 2:00 and ask about the documents, if he had received a copy of the signed counter offer or not. "Yeah, I got them. Do you want me to send you a copy?" Ah, YEAH!
Maybe I am out of line, but shouldn't I automatically get copies of all signed legal documents?
My realtor is a dork.

My fault, I should have done my research and checked up on him before signing. I just trusted my neighbor, she signed him to sell her house. I figured he may work harder to get people out to look at the house if he had two for sale in the same neighborhood.
I guess I'm a dork.

I like that name!

well, my realtor called Tuesday, we got an offer on the house.  We needed to accept, decline or counter by Wednesday 5:00.  We counter offered and wait.  We're OK waiting to see if they accept or not, finally my realtor calls at 7:00 pm Thursday night and says they accepted our counter.  Yeah!  We wait, I email him at 11 am the next day, and wait.  finally, I call him at 2:00 and ask about the documents, if he had received a copy of the signed counter offer or not.  "Yeah, I got them.  Do you want me to send you a copy?"  Ah, YEAH!
Maybe I am out of line, but shouldn't I automatically get copies of all signed legal documents?
My realtor is a dork.

My fault, I should have done my research and checked up on him before signing.  I just trusted my neighbor, she signed him to sell her house.  I figured he may work harder to get people out to look at the house if he had two for sale in the same neighborhood.
I guess I'm a dork.

Hope it all goes smoothly from now on, and congrats on the sale! YAY! Where are you moving to? (sorry, can't keep track of everyone here!

Long time no see, everyone! Life caught up with me again, so I abandoned the forum for a bit. It looks like that'll probably keep happening, to be honest.

Lots of cool stuff has happened in my absence. For one, I hatched a bunch of chicks! Only three have died so far and that was due to weakness (one Australorp and one Silkie) or freak accidents (one Australorp met his doom in the chick waterer).

Almost all of the eggs were from my Australorps and both the parents are black, but one of the chicks is grey! Hopefully that coloring sticks around because I want to utilize it in the future! I did hatch one Silkie Serama, though, and he/she is doing just fine! She holds her own against the bigger chicks and is quite found of sleeping in top of everyone in the pile, haha!

Mom and I have been trying to get this business going. We are trying to build up a good amount of merchandise. So far, the dress thing hasn't been working, but we have plenty of small furniture that we are fixing up. I just need to finish a couple projects and then I can start building a Facebook page with plenty of pictures.

Anyone have any ideas for a name for our little business? It's going to be run by us girls and we are doing it all ourselves. I've tried to come up with something but I'm not very good at it. It needs to be a name that is neutral so it can encompass any and all things we sell (from artwork to furniture to dresses).

Anyway, I'll check in later. I have some painting to do! We bought nine old windows with wooden frames and I'm painting one for a friend who got robbed. She can keep it or sell it, whatever she feels comfortable with. Hopefully, if she does sell it, she can make her money back. :)

I think that's neat! Funny, I was thinking Big Tree Hollow for the name of our place here (we are a long ways apart don't worry), just funny about the coincidence! I like it!

I like that name!

well, my realtor called Tuesday, we got an offer on the house.  We needed to accept, decline or counter by Wednesday 5:00.  We counter offered and wait.  We're OK waiting to see if they accept or not, finally my realtor calls at 7:00 pm Thursday night and says they accepted our counter.  Yeah!  We wait, I email him at 11 am the next day, and wait.  finally, I call him at 2:00 and ask about the documents, if he had received a copy of the signed counter offer or not.  "Yeah, I got them.  Do you want me to send you a copy?"  Ah, YEAH!
My realtor is a dork.

My fault, I should have done my research and checked up on him before signing.  I just trusted my neighbor, she signed him to sell her house.  I figured he may work harder to get people out to look at the house if he had two for sale in the same neighborhood.
I guess I'm a dork.

Ya live ya learn. Seems like it's all working out though.

DH and I bought a old homestead back in WI. he is busy making more plans for remodeling the place.

I have a name for our place - if my DH wants to name it. Everyone in the neighborhood keeps telling us it is the best wild asparagus site in the area. I believe it too, there is a whole lot of it growing on the property. The 25 acres is mostly pasture and hayfield. So I think we should name the place "A-Spare-Grass Ranch".

Get it?
hide.gif

DH and I bought a old homestead back in WI. he is busy making more plans for remodeling the place.

I have a name for our place - if my DH wants to name it. Everyone in the neighborhood keeps telling us it is the best wild asparagus site in the area. I believe it too, there is a whole lot of it growing on the property. The 25 acres is mostly pasture and hayfield. So I think we should name the place "A-Spare-Grass Ranch".

Get it?
hide.gif

cute.... or Spare-a-Grass Ranch

deb

DH and I bought a old homestead back in WI.  he is busy making more plans for remodeling the place.

I have a name for our place - if my DH wants to name it.  Everyone in the neighborhood keeps telling us it is the best wild asparagus site in the area.   I believe it too, there is a whole lot of it growing on the property.  The 25 acres is mostly pasture and hayfield.   So I think we should name the place "A-Spare-Grass Ranch".

Get it? :oops:   
Hey, works for me. We don't own the property we live on. My grandparents do. It's willed to my uncle, (long story, short, he is in prison and if he ever gets out my grandparents want to make sure he has a place to stay). However, I have a feeling, it will fall to us by default, which I'm ok with. I like it here.

OK, I'm a little hesitant to ask, but....

Where is everyone? Was there a big fight or something? Is everyone on holiday? The "old crowd" just seems to have vanished and the porch is rather spacey. Just curious... Was hoping for a good chat and catching up with the regulars... Usually that takes a bout a week's worth of reading to catch up an afternoon's worth of chat!

Back
Top Bottom