The Hummingbird Haven

Pics
I"m sorry to ask so many questions but do they come to your house just in the spring or do they come thru the summer too? What is the busiest time that they come?

I"m sorry to ask so many questions but do they come to your house just in the spring or do they come thru the summer too? What is the busiest time that they come?
Okay, I blew it. This thread was way down at the bottom of my subscription list (think clicking "more' 3 times) or I'd have known there were posts on here. Sorry!! I try hard to always respond but I blew it!

I start seeing them here in Northern Wyoming around the first of July. Most of the varieties we have here love the higher elevations and as long as the wildflowers up there are so profuse they pretty much hang around up there. As the wildflowers die back, they start working thei way down. Today I'm prepping feeders and getting some ready because my daughter said she saw a hummer when while we were on vacation last week. He/she was at the scout feeder when Tam came over to water flowers. So I'll put out a couple more feeders and then wait eagerly, as I do every year, until the frenzy hits. Ken says it's my rite of passage!

Thanks for the video, Debby! I'd seen that on Facebook too, but I was on my phone so it was really tiny! I used your link and got to see it in a size I could actually see without squinting!

So while I was doing feeders, I remembered this slide show I did a year or so ago and thought I'd share it. Oh, some of the photos aren't the best, but I still like it!

0.jpg

Wow, I got behind on this thread, but got to look through all the pretty pictures at one time!
big_smile.png

I've seen a few hummers this year, but not nearly as many as usual.

I'd love to meet and chat with some other hummingbird fans here
:pop
Well, I just found this thread and spent the better part of 30 mins. going back and enjoying all the pics. I absolutely love my hummers. Mostly Anna's and Rufous although we do have a Black Chinned male at the moment. I have not seen his mate but I do watch them several times a day so hopefully she is out here. If I can get some I will share some pics. but these little guys are so darn quick. What kinds are you seeing?

Back
Top Bottom