The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

HI Anac1979,
Thank you for your response! Can you inform me what the difference is between the "regular, non blue" gene jubilees and the blue gene ones and the what/why the crosses do??? I had one from GFF lines that we loved but I don't believe it had a blue gene x. And can you tell me where to go if I want to order?
Hi!!! I PMed you some info. :)

Recently I switched over to a non-GMO layer feed...not because I'm particularly concerned about GMO but because almost all corn and soy in the U.S. is GMO I switched specifically to avoid soy since several people have suggested that soy isn't great for birds. I still give them some scratch that contains corn but what really helped my decision to switch is that my birds waste a lot of feed picking through it looking for those occasional pieces of corn and this has at least reduced how much feed the birds waste. Anyhow, the new feed uses pork and fish meal for protein and animal protein is supposed to be better for birds. Some folks have suggested that since soy contains phytoestrogens I might also see more fertility. Anyhow, the unintended consequence is that I've noticed much more irridescence on my birds. Today...I don't know if it was enhanced by perfect lighting but my Jubilee rooster was just popping with iridescent green and blue.

I think my 6 week old Jubilee is a cockerel? With the largish comb and reddish wattles, is it too much white on the breast? Is there any hope I have a pullet? Otherwise, here's another picture of a young cockerel...lol.

No, just very quiet! Jubilees are hard to find, I think, and not many are being raised??? I hope they continue!!!! Gorgeous chickens

I have a jubilee rooster that is approx 7-8 months old. He is the clumsiest thing I've ever seen. His comb and waddles haven't come in yet. I'm a little concerned about him. My husband lowered the Roost so it's just 6 inches off the floor. He won't even get on the roost!! When he pecks at food he totally misses it the first 3-4 times. I'm wondering if he was shaken in the egg!!!

shooz, Are you sure it's a rooster? Generally speaking they have the hackles,wattles, combs and crowing going by 6 months.
And any chance of an eye injury/vision issues??

shooz, Are you sure it's a rooster? Generally speaking they have the hackles,wattles, combs and crowing going by 6 months.
And any chance of an eye injury/vision issues??
I have no idea!! He was given to us. I'm really starting to wonder if there was something going on. The previous owner said that he was being picked on quite a bit by the other roosters

IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0383.JPG
Rehomed all my other chicken breeds and will only be working with jubilees. Got 4 juvinels from a breeder nearby, know the first big one is a cockerel and possibly the second. Breeder will replace with pullet if I have more than one cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom