The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

So my English Jubilee flock consist of a blue based Jubilee rooster over several black based hens. I also have a black based cockerel whose only about 4-5 months old. My blue based rooster is just at a year but none of my hens are laying yet (4-6 months old)

My question is what % of chickens from a blue based Jubilee rooster of black based hens will be blue based if any?

IMG_9803.JPG
So my English Jubilee flock consist of a blue based Jubilee rooster over several black based hens. I also have a black based cockerel whose only about 4-5 months old. My blue based rooster is just at a year but none of my hens are laying yet (4-6 months old)

My question is what % of chickens from a blue based Jubilee rooster of black based hens will be blue based if any?

I have three 14 week juveniles. 1 Blue based cockerel, 1 Black based cockerel and 1 pullet. I am cutting down my flock. If someone is interested I can post pics. I am NPIP in Illinois so can ship. These were hatched from eggs purchased from PaPa's Poultry.

How are these blue based birds created? I love Blue and splashes and would like to create some.

My 10 month old quad of jubilees:
View attachment 1224826 View attachment 1224827
They are so beautiful! :love:

How are you all doing, Jubilee Peeps? I have my first hatchling! Today is day 2 of this little life. I am eager to sex but don't have the fortitude to attempt a vent sex. The wings have barely any primaries under the fluff so I need to wait. Does anyone know if Jubilees can be wing sexed in the first few days of life?

Love and Hennie Hugs! <3

I have some of these in the incubator from Daniel Velasquez of South Carolina. Super nervous and excited about them, because they are so pretty! Hope they do well!

Back
Top Bottom