The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Teeny egg from my Chocolate bantams, my pullets are just starting to lay.
smile.png

Hi, I am in lugoff. I have recently started raising lavender orpington chickens. And I am interested in starting with one other color. I saw your post on backyard chickens. Would it be possible for me to come and see some of the orpington chickens that you raise? And maybe get some tips on raising and breeding the lavender orpingtons. My name is Sherri Dowey. My house number is 272-0125. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi, I am in lugoff. I have recently started raising lavender orpington chickens. And I am interested in starting with one other color. I saw your post on backyard chickens. Would it be possible for me to come and see some of the orpington chickens that you raise? And maybe get some tips on raising and breeding the lavender orpingtons. My name is Sherri Dowey. My house number is 272-0125. I look forward to hearing from you.

Not sure who this is directed at. Sorry.

Thanks to some very fine members here on BYC, I've managed to find cockrels for my BBS girls, a nice young GL cockrel that looks to have a lot of promise, and a spectacular Jubilee cockrel.

Now.... :) (chicken math kicking in)

I've decided I need some English buffs. But I'm not willing to settle.... I need some stock from absolute basketballs. You know the type... birds close to the legendary David Pownall. Are there any such typey birds here in the states? I've seen pictures of 10-15 flocks here in the states, none of which come close to what I am looking for. Perhaps they have been diluted too quickly with American Buffs to turn a quick dollar, or perhaps, just the original import stock never developed that incredible basketball look. Or perhaps I just haven't found the right breeder.

Who all has imported Buffs that come close to this standard? Or are there even any here in the States?

Does anyone have any (or know of any) blue, black, or splash English Orpington PULLETS for sale and are willing to ship?

I have a very lonely blue-barred Orpington cockerel and a blue-laced Orpington cockerel looking for some ladies.
wink.png

I've been searching all year and, aside from chicks or hatching eggs, haven't had luck. Those that I find that do have them up for sale aren't willing to ship.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom