The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

She looks great, and yes her face looks like she's ready for that 1st egg! Feel free to post a pic of that 1st egg, too. It's a big deal that only other chicken people can truly understand.
Well, speak of the devil she just laid her first egg today! ❤️ Spent most of the morning trying to scope out where would be the best place. You could tell by the look on her face she did not think going into the nest buckets was going to work for her. She scoped out the Silkie house. Finally ended up laying in the little space next to the nest buckets with her bestie, Rosie, standing guard! Chickens are so funny, I just love their social interactions.🥰
Layed this little tan 46 gram egg which actually looked exactly like the fake eggs I have there. Had to give it a second look to make sure it was real.😂
C1525CC6-AFDA-4978-AB57-89C2BDBAF43A.jpeg
2D4B224F-62A9-41CD-A3BD-E68E177283AF.jpeg
84B4CA3C-AA07-4519-995F-53386942D8EF.jpeg
3AA6F1F8-B989-46DD-84E6-D8FAFCB8383B.jpeg
642D4FF7-17E9-458A-8994-4D8DD8C35E59.jpeg

I just can't get over how beautiful they are! Might have to check out adding to my buff flock! Thank you!
You can also check out Papa's Poultry. They ship both hatching eggs and day old chicks. They have several different color varieties of the English orps. WARNING: it is a very dangerous website and you will not leave without ordering something!😂

If they shipped to Hawaii (they do not), I would probably have one of each!🥰

Closer to you is Carolina Rare Chicks, in South Carolina. I do not know much about them, but they also have English Orpingtons.

Last edited:
Can you get silver laced English orps here in the U.S.? Do they have to be imported?

They can be imported, but it's not necessary. Papa's Poultry, Carolina Rare Chicks, and even Cackle Hatchery have English Silver-laced Orpingtons now. As pointed out above, several forum members breed them as well.

Well, speak of the devil she just laid her first egg today! ❤

Congrats!!! One of mine is laying a very pink egg and I'm not sure who it is. Either Agnes the Blue Orpington, or her half sister Kate, the F1 Blue Silver-laced, I would imagine. I'll get a picture when I get home. I wasn't expecting the color at all.

Back
Top Bottom