The Legbar Thread!

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Keeping my fingers crossed that his comb straightens out a bit. He's about 10 weeks old. I'll have to upload a photo of my trio. They might not be perfect examples of CL but they're mine & I love them!

My main roo's comb was pretty wavy when he was about a month old:

Now it's huge and straight (18 weeks old):

I don't know that the rest of him is a good example, but I do know that those combs can definitely straighten out!
wlhtx,

Love that second photo....gorgeous yellow on his legs and beak. I LIKE your rooster!

Last edited:
wlhtx, 

Love that second photo....gorgeous yellow on his legs and beak.  I LIKE your rooster!

Thank you! I'm still learning what is preferred with this breed, and based on what I've read he has too much coloring - but I think he's pretty! He is the king of our juvenile pen and is really turning into a great flock master. His temperament is excellent - respectful of us and gentlemanly with the juvie girls - which earns him extra points from my perspective. He is super talky though. He started crowing at just 11 weeks and now cranks up every morning around 4:45 and goes pretty much NON-STOP until about 7-7:30.

what does everyone think of greenfires new bird. Ayam Cemani 5000 for a pair.
Not too bad a price -- that's only $2,500 per chick. . . .
OUCH!!!!!
Let's see: more than a mortgage payment for one young chicken = instant divorce and forcible relocation to a mental facility.
That said, what a gorgeous and unusual bird!

Last edited:
My husband wants to get some someday. I think it's hilarious - 5 grand for a pair here, and they're meat birds over in indonesia, so people probably think nothing of eating them - and would think we are nuts.

love.gif
I agree they are gorgeous and I'd love some but the price -
ep.gif
no way! I had been interested in these for quite a while. I had contacted Toni Marie but she was not ready to sell
sad.png
but she
also added me to her wait list . I did make a deposit with Greenfire before they listed them for sale in February
wink.png
. I just re-read the email they sent me about making a deposit where they quote a price of $199 a chick -
hmm.png
RIGHT LOL!!! - That I thought was going to be hard enough to convince the hubby about that.
rant.gif
Then they put them on their sale page at $5000
barnie.gif
, so now?... forget it! I cannot afford that, normanak is right, cemani=divorce
smack.gif
. I'd be living with the birds in the coop praying they don't die or get sick or are infertile
bow.gif
. I'll wait a few years. The price will come down as it always does and I'll also know the pros and cons of the breed then to
caf.gif
. Kinda like the Cream Legbar. Maybe I'll use my deposit for more Legbars next year.
jumpy.gif

Always wanted to use a ton of smileys...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom