The McGraw Thread

Thanks so much for the great information. They sound like such great birds for a more free-range type environment, and I can't get over how gorgeous they are.

Don't.....tempt.....me.....with.....those.....McGraws!
gig.gif

They are just as beautiful as the Spitzhaubens and I love the way their spangles are!

I have the mottled java's by Mcgraw. We have just hatched 53 and more on the way. Dont know if anyone would be interested in these rare birds or not. I lived a mile from him

I was reading through an old SPPA Breeder's Directory and it appears Dr. McGraw listed this breed as 'Silver Spangled Asteroids'.........thought I'd pass that along to anyone who's collecting history on this breed.

Last edited:
Had the McGraws several years ago. Did create some rumpless silver spangled Araucanas but when they started to lay brown eggs they all got dispatched.
Now I am working on Silver Spangled Ameraucana projects and they are looking nice. Hope to succeed in this project within a few years.
The only place the McGraws were available were at Sandhill but they may have given up on them have to check their website to be sure.

Had the McGraws several years ago.  Did create some rumpless silver spangled Araucanas but when they started to lay brown eggs they all got dispatched.  
Now I am working on Silver Spangled Ameraucana projects and they are looking nice.  Hope to succeed in this project within a few years.  
The only place the McGraws were available were at Sandhill but they may have given up on them have to check their website to be sure.

So are the McGraws no more?

ryanzierke was the last one to post pictures on here. Don;t know if he still has them or not and Sandhill still has Manx Rumpies for sale that you may get a silver spangled rumpless on if you are lucky out of 5 chicks. Dr. McGraw's son still had them several years ago when I talked to him on the phone but not sure if he still does or not. Posted the address which maybe the same if he still lives there.

Back
Top Bottom