The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

Well, today sucks. Somethin got my ducks... My pair of mandies and ringed teal. I don't think I've dropped the "f bomb" this much in a 10 minute period. I know something killed them cause they were in there last night, and wouldn't fly in the night. And to top off my luck, it's doubtful I'll get more anytime soon. Maybe when I'm older I'll have more
hmm.png

Forgot to add, I just put them in the new aiviary. Weren't in there for 24 hrs.

Last edited:
oh how sad! If you get out this way (NJ/Pa) I have 12 new Mandies and they're shaping up to be pretty nice looking little pairs! I've got 3:2 females: males in the first batch, and about (I think)3:4 females: males in the 2nd batch. I'll be selling about half of them anytime ....pickup only.
I'm so sorry you lost yours though.
barnie.gif

No, but there were feathers throughout the pen, and they were there at night and gonebin the morn, so I doubt they flew out. We have been having some pred problems... I'm still SOL anyway.

Bummer! Before you get more get a cheap electric fence and try like heck to see where the predator got in and out also just so you know where the problem is regardless

My BFF Destin
frow.gif
hit the nail on the head here folks! Spend the money on an electric fence and wire your pen well with it. No sense in buying more ducks until the pen is hot wired.
old.gif

DT

Back
Top Bottom