the +*OFFICIAL*+ German Shepherd thread :D

Best thread ever!!

Here's our Kyla, I think she's trying to give us a hint:
IMG_3923.jpg

She loves playing in snow
IMG_4810.jpg

Her baby picture!
Kyla120108.jpg

You guys have some really nice looking dogs:) you guys don't know of any good breeders in ontario?

Two pics of our boys taken this morning:

Jax is 11 months old now

jandkmarch6001.jpg

Kane is 13 weeks old. This is his "I wasn't digging in the dirt, honest mom!" pic:

jandkmarch6006.jpg

Pretty dogs! There seems to be 2 kinds of GSD though??
Some look like Jax.(more short haired..)..and some have thicker/longer hair like Kane and Teddy and Kyla...
Or am i just seeing things again...
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm no expert, but I think it's more different breeding than different kinds. Jax is a sable, from pure german bloodlines - dam, west german and sire, east. He takes after his dam. Kane is from the same blood lines, but takes after his great grandsire, who was a long coated bi-color like he is.
The american shepherds that folks are more used to seeing are typically the black and tan with the "saddleback" and sloping hindquarters. The german bred shepherds also tend to be larger.
Different strokes for different folks, but I prefer the german bloodlines.

Quote:
There's a long coat, a Medium type coat, and a short coat. Our breeder described the medium, and short haired coats as one looks groomed all the time, and one looks plush kind of. Our Sampson was a medium coat. So is Sophie. Sampson nephew who was there when we picked out, and picked up Sophie was a short coat. Our breeder prefers the medium coat, but Bravo ( that was his name) just grew on her.

I like the long and medium coats myself.

Bluemoon

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom