the +*OFFICIAL*+ German Shepherd thread :D

Walkswithdog, LOVE your Shepherds, your Dash looks like he could have come from the same litter as my Nikita- Steve Leno in Fl.?
I especially like the Czech/DDR breeding. I have two wonderful Shepherds-the best.

I'll try to post a pic of Zelda's parents... Bear with me... Here's Daddy~
32425_securedownload_zelda_parents_1.jpg

And Heres Mommy!
32425_gretchen_dam1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I love how German Shepherds have this tolarance, to let us do these funny things to them, and not care one way or another!
lau.gif

Quote:
I hate German Shepards - stupid breed. I also can't stand sheperds and shephards.

SHEPHERD - to HERD sheep. The breed's ORIGINAL purpose, though even Max Von Stephanitz - creator of the breed intended them to be a "jack of all trades." And yes even modern shepherds can have herding drive, do herd sheep in trial and in real life. Herding drive is why some of them don't do well in pet homes. Because most people can't handle a dog that is of working level drives.

I do love German Shepherd Dogs. I've had a total of 16. I prefer Czech/DDR dogs though at this point. Laura prefers W. German working with some East German thrown in for balance. To each his own. I've worked dozens German working and show, American German Bred, AKC American Bred, and obviously Czech/DDR, for pets, military, SchH, service and therapy. Love 'em all to death as long as they are shepherds that behave like shepherds. Solid, bomb proof, temperamentally sound and it's all good. I prefer herding, tracking and ball drive in some combination.

Please, Take it easy on thechickengoesRAWR She's just a kid (my kid) Who has a love for her dogs and chickens, She's an A honor roll student, in advanced classes. Lets not be so quick to nail someone to a cross and set them on fire over a misspelled word...
smile.png
BTW your dogs are beautiful! we had wanted East German Bloodlines to start, even found someone in Indiana that bred them, with several being used by state, and local government, with a reasonable price... then something happened to her female IDK.... I sure would have loved to have had one of her pups!

gonzo&hispeeps :

Please, Take it easy on thechickengoesRAWR She's just a kid (my kid) Who has a love for her dogs and chickens, She's an A honor roll student, in advanced classes. Lets not be so quick to nail someone to a cross and set them on fire over a misspelled word...
smile.png
BTW your dogs are beautiful! we had wanted East German Bloodlines to start, even found someone in Indiana that bred them, with several being used by state, and local government, with a reasonable price... then something happened to her female IDK.... I sure would have loved to have had one of her pups!

I agree. This thread has brought us all together because of a love of the breed. It's not necessary to know every nuance of the breed to know you love them and appreciate them.
I grew up around GSDs, but never really learned all that much about them except for their country of origin and what their original purpose was. Then we were given Jax as a gift and decided to add a second one, Kane. I knew I loved a certain coat color (bi-color) more than others, but when we went to pick out Kane I chose the pup that appealed to me most on all the levels that were important to me. It just so happened that the pup also happened to be a bi-color.
Now I'm learning as we go, but still don't feel it's necessary to know every single thing there is to know about the breed in order to raise my boys to be happy, healthy, sound in body and mind.
Kudos to your daughter (RAWR) Gonzo. I know she must make you proud.

By the way, although our boys could only be closer in bloodlines had they come from the same litter; they are as different in their strong points as night and day. Jax is my tracker and my assistant. Kane still has a long way to go before his personality fully develops but for now he's my thinker. Not interested in competing in any form, we're working with each one to help them let their natural born talents shine.​

My first GSD was a white one from a very good breeder. That dog made my husband and I fall in love with the breed.
I think a lot of how GSD's are today Max would have some words to say. The look of the original shepherds are different from today. What happened to the gorgeous brindles? There was nothing wrong with them. Coat color doesn't make the dog and I do think white dogs do well when guarding white sheep. How about that there were long haired shepherds and then the SV DQed them. They never went away as it was natural for the gsd to have this coat length no matter how many people tried to get rid of it.
I was hoping someone on here would have a panda shepherd. It is still a GSD.

Back
Top Bottom