The Old Folks Home

Wisher, that's a monster tomato. Is there a lot of taste in them too?

The taste is everything I could ask for!

I made a sandwich for myself, made one for DH for supper, and then I ate the rest of that beauty like an apple with a little salt. I started to eat a second one, but resisted that temptation! I will take one to work today, though.

If you pick them while still green, they will ripen, but they taste bland and mealy (like store-bought tomatoes) but if you let them ripen on the vine the taste is full and strong and just heavenly. I like mine more on the acidic side, but I know some people can't take that.

I am very pleased with the taste of these. What's the point of growing tomatoes if they don't taste better than the store-bought ones?

@Hangtown Farms Any signs of rain coming soon?

Wisher, that's a monster tomato. Is there a lot of taste in them too?

Oz, it really is a spectacular process. Oh, the TV was sold by the way, hope you manage to find a suitable model on site instead. You're still welcome to come for a steak though. I even promise to wash my hands.
raining west of here a little nothing here yet. it now smells very smokey so winds must have changed

Wisher, that vineripened taste is amazing. In Italy, that's the kind of tomatoes you get from a supermarket. Here, all you get is the watery kind. I like the sweetness of tomatoes the best, but preferably in combination with the acidity.

Hangtown, I hope the rains reach you soon.

Well we are up in NY for DD's wedding. So far it has been super busy. Yesterday DH and I made 150 enchiladas for the rehearsal dinner on Friday. That took forever. While that was going on, DD and her cousin made the bouquets and aisle floral arrangements.

This is the "venue" for the wedding.

This is the Susquehanna river behind DD's home.

Well we are up in NY for DD's wedding. So far it has been super busy. Yesterday DH and I made 150 enchiladas for the rehearsal dinner on Friday. That took forever. While that was going on, DD and her cousin made the bouquets and aisle floral arrangements. This is the "venue" for the wedding. This is the Susquehanna river behind DD's home.
Wow, it looks like it's going to be a beautiful handmade wedding.

i ate alot of those growing up. Its probably been 20 years since the last 1. Gonna try 1 again really soon. Thanks for the flashback

They were also common fare at our house and they are still a good bedtime snack with a glass of milk. I was born in the county that Bama lives in and my mother grew up there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom