The Olive-Egger thread!

So in the line of auto sexing. I have a few barred girls. I finally have a non barred Ameraucana male. If I cross these will I have auto sexed chicks? Fingers crossed!

So in the line of auto sexing. I have a few barred girls. I finally have a non barred Ameraucana male. If I cross these will I have auto sexed chicks? Fingers crossed!
They would be sexlinked:

If you put a "solid" or non-barred rooster over a barred hen, the chicks will be sex linked.
The roosters will be black with a white dot on their heads at hatch.

Autosexed chicks only come from certain pure breeds.

They would be sexlinked:

If you put a "solid" or non-barred rooster over a barred hen, the chicks will be sex linked.
The roosters will be black with a white dot on their heads at hatch.

Autosexed chicks only come from certain pure breeds.
UGH! I don't have a solid roo. I am just impatient. I have the beginnings of some great lines. I am just waiting on my F3 hens to start laying to see if I have pure genetics, BUT autosexing would be nice for sales.

My two (hopefully) pullets. Blue wheaten Ameracauna roo X BCM hen.

Still learning....I have an F1 olive egger layer and my roo is a Blue Marans. I hatched out a batch of their babies and thought they would be called F2. Are they??
It is a second generation cross but not exactly 'F2' because you are starting with a pure stock line, and crossing it back to the F1 generation. You are breeding P1 to F1 generation and I am not sure what the resulting cross would technically be called, but it isn't "F2."

It is a second generation cross but not exactly 'F2' because you are starting with a pure stock line, and crossing it back to the F1 generation. You are breeding P1 to F1 generation and I am not sure what the resulting cross would technically be called, but it isn't "F2."
I just asked this question on the OE facebook group, what to call OE that are F1 crossed out to another purebred that is not one of the breeds used to produce that particular F1 bird. For example, F1 BCM X CCL bred to an Isbar, etc. I'm calling them F2 because I don't know what is technically correct. I also do BC1 crosses back to the Marans, but about 85% of people don't know what I mean. *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom