The Paleo Diet

A little over a year ago my wife started our family on the primal blueprint diet also. When we started, it was dificult because she had very few recipes that were suitable. Fast forward to today and she has many recipe books with fantastic paleo recipes and the online resources have multiplied. We've both lost between 20-25 lbs with no effort and our body shapes are changing quickly with the addition to daily exercises. The kids continue to grow like weeds and are enjoying the diet. We aren't super strict about it. Instead we aim for a 80% clean diet leaving the other 20% for times or places where eating paleo isn't possible. Out here, the cost for eating this way is a little higher, however we have doubled our garden size and preparing to raise chickens and rabbits for meat. I will never go back to eating the way we did. The way our bodies have adjusted to the diet is proof enough to me that it's the right diet for us. If anyone is considering it, try it and let your body decide. FYI, you will likely go through a change sometime in the first few weeks where you feel terrible as your body is forced to remember to use fat for energy, but it will pass and you'll feel great!

I started the Primal Paleo the day after Christmas. I cut the carbs and diet soda and lost nearly 15 pounds. The great part is I have kept it off. I like to think I am Paleo 90% of the time. It is challenging to eat at a restaurant and order Paleo. What I have found is most places waitresses or waiters will see that I left the bun and will comment that next time I can order it without the bun in a lettuce wrap. You have to give it at least 30 days, if after 30 days you don't feel/see a difference then go back to your old diet plan. But if you are like me I had tried a lot of different diets that would work intermiddenly. Which means it worked until I got tired of starving myself.

Paleo isn't about dieting at all, it is about choosing the right foods to fuel your body. Once in a while it is okay to eat breading on your chicken or to have a cookie. The next day jump right back on your routine. BTW you can eat chocolate as long as it is atleast 72% Cacoa ;p

I just discovered this thread-- I lived low carb for many years now, and my kids live mostly primal--- little do they know . lol

WHen I am not here on BYC I live on the "diet" forum as in way of eating . . .

My neighbor has been doing Joe Cross juicing diet. He lost 40 pounds in a month and looks great. He is off his type two diabetes medicine as well. Pretty amazing if you ask me...

My neighbor has been doing Joe Cross juicing diet. He lost 40 pounds in a month and looks great. He is off his type two diabetes medicine as well. Pretty amazing if you ask me...
Hurray for 40## GONE!!

WHen we eat properly, we can move away from "Being" type 2" diabetics. The risk of awaking the dragon is always there and eating the typical standard American DIet ( SAD) will get that dragon roaring very quickly-- just look at the obese children with type 2 now . . .so sad.

THe next step for your neighbor is to ease into his final pounds and then keep eating that way for the rest of his life and to NOT go back to the old way of eating that got him into trouble.

Quote: THat is my kind of meat!! My mouth is watering!
droolin.gif

I ate a hot dog withmustard and 3 sausages for lunch-- not even close to that sirloin!!
big_smile.png

It's not a perfect world and if you complicate your eating habits you'll never be able to stick with it. My suggestion based on our family's experience is to greatly reduce your diary and go organic when possible. If you have the option and can afford it, buy organic. If you can avoid diary, great but having the occasional ice creame cone or slice of cheese cheese isn't going to be a big deal. Keep it simple, 80/20. 80% clean, and the 20 is for "life happens".

Back
Top Bottom