Good morning folks :frow Good evening Wunda & Kiwi :frow

The first 30 years of my career, I was constantly on the road... So I definitely know what that's like. About ten years ago, my customer came up with this brilliant plan so that we could visit all of the federalized airports in the US over 3 years. I was home two days a week most weeks.

:frow Hope you've had a great day
I know what you're talking about: I used to leave home Sunday afternoon/evening and returned Thursday night or Friday morning.
Now due to the beer-virus our customers have learned that there is no difference in us consultants working from one of their offices, for example in San Diego, versus working from home, let's say in Charleston, when the computer systems we are working on are located in Tulsa, OK, for example.
I went from being a new member of one of the large hotel-brands to an »Unobtanium« member in just ten years, sleeping more nights in hotel beds than at home.
Not to mention the increasing »fun« at the airports… 🤦‍♂️

Good Morning All!! Brrr cold and very windy here today. Happy Fall Ya'll!!
Good morning all it dropped down to 27 last night so keep warm every one in the cold areas. I guess I have to get rolled hay for the donkeys this first freeze kills the grass. I hate the winter.
Good Monday morning/day/evening/night to everybody on the blue marble! 🌎🌍🌏

Yes it got cold here in WV too, almost frost this night, 0.5°C (32.9F) and this night was a nail-biter:
The Fall Ducklings decided to walk into the new duck-run/house together with the grown-ups and no longer stay in the Duck Vacation-Home yesterday evening...
Right when the winds were howling at 70Km/h (43mph) and the temperature was dropping rapidly due to an arctic cold front blasting through. - Fortunately no rain!
Foreseeable frictions between both groups of ducks, so the grown-up's weren't letting the youngsters into 'their' house and the 13 girls ended up sitting in the run, being blasted by the wind-gusts, cold and shivering.
Intervention necessary: I stepped into the duck-run and herded the youngsters into the house. Katharina Duck heart them pesky voices and ran out of her bedroom like an angry turkey to shoo them out again, saw me standing in their backs and relieved herself on the spot! :lau
Told the grown-up's that i would come back and spank everybody when they won't let the youngsters sleep in the house and from then on it was peace. Blanca and Earthquack Duck slept outside in the run - they love the cold weather - and the rest of the flock stayed inside.
So i guess i have one flock now and no more ducklings. - For now… :gig

We got into ducks when someone who could not keep her 4 brought them to us earlier this summer. Before that we just had Khakis.. The Khakis were killed by a mink a month ago!

We have a little sanctuary farm! We got more ducks to rescue and now we have:

Females: Ancona, 2 Mallards
Drakes: Khaki, Cayuga, Pekin, Muscovy

that makes 7.

Once I have housing ready (totally safe from that mink and other predators), I will get 5 Khaki hens (Or I hope for hens), and then I will probably rescue more. Someone offered to buy the new Khakis. I asked her why she would do that. She said it was selfish reasons: She wants more ducky eggs! She and her roommate were buying 2 doz a week and baking and cooking all sorts of yummy things all the time. She said that duck eggs are so much richer and tastier than chicken eggs!

You call this "loyal"? - What has this poor mailman done to deserve this?
Turkeys are evil birds with pointy beaks and too many remaining raptor genes.
That guy harassed the turkeys they had just taken enough guff from him... also never run from turkeys, they think you are running towards food and will try to beat you to it.

And get rid of the stick. The noise the turkeys are using is a curious one and not the attack horn sound.

Back
Top Bottom