The Rhodebar thread!

Hi Hope all are doing good... Is there as much interest in Rhodebars as in Cream Legbars ? is there a group online working on a standard ?

thanks
I believe it is area specific for the demand.

Last edited:
since it has been over nine hours since I posted my question I guess not!
lol.png
I feel your pain! lol It can be slow going in some threads on BYC. Other threads I can't keep up with! I really hope demand increases for this breed. They are some amazing birds; beautiful in person, and they lay like crazy! Bonus: our cockerels have been posing like politicians in a blue collar community lately. Just really stunning chickens.

We recently got some heritage Rhode Island Reds from Ken Weaver(Fred's line) and I can't wait for them to mature so we can start breeding a darker color into our RB's. Our RB's are GFF lines and are top notch birds, but I'd really like a darker color. The darker the better IMO. I don't know what the standard is, though. Finding that info has been a bit difficult. I know it's pretty much the same as the RIR's, but wasn't sure about coloring.

I found 44 fertile guinea hen eggs if anyone is interested in hatching any guineas. We are in the Piedmont Area of NC - between Winston Salem and Greensboro. I've already got my incubators full.
Angela

That is just sad that we had more conversation over a guinea in the last couple days than a rhodebar in the last couple of months. Lol I might have to post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom