The Rhodebar thread!

Pics
My Cream Legbar male chicks look like the one on the left (top photo), usually with larger diffused area of white on the head.
I was getting some like that with my first legbars, but then my newer layers, a cross between the 2nd and 3rd GFF imports have been giving me much lighter males. I'll have to get some pics of them too tomorrow. tomorrow will be picture day! And I have a hatch due this saturday so excited about more!

I was getting some like that with my first legbars, but then my newer layers, a cross between the 2nd and 3rd GFF imports have been giving me much lighter males. I'll have to get some pics of them too tomorrow. tomorrow will be picture day! And I have a hatch due this saturday so excited about more!
Wow keep them coming buddy, thanks alot

sorry, I didn't do my photography job this weekend. I was busy desperately trying to thin down my flock for winter and selling a lot of birds and preparing for rain tomorrow. I'll try to take some photos in the next few days. :)

I know of three breeders now that are getting green eggs from the rhodebars bought from Greenfire farm plus there is a listing for rhodebar eggs for sale on ebay and they are listing the eggs as green.Its this suppose to be happening??? Im confused!!

Last edited:
Some of the olive-colored eggs that my Rhodebar hen (directly from Greenfire) laid are in the process of hatching. Out of 11 eggs, 3 have hatched, and 7 have pips. Tomorrow is day 21. I've studied the 3 that have hatched, and I'm just not sure about whether they're boys or girls. I don't see any white spots on heads - but one is lighter than the other two. Chipmunk stripes are visible but not definitive. Once they all hatch and have time to fluff up, I'll post photos. As soon as I know for sure whether or not the green eggs breed true for auto-sexing, I'll be selling the chicks.

As soon as I have time later tonight, I plan to read through this thread looking for photos of newly hatched Rhodebar chicks.

Shouldn't those lay brown to light brown eggs?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom