The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Yep, beauty queens all the way...Actually, they get the dryer treatment to get the excess water off so they don't chill to much. They look all cute when you wrap them up in a towel and that is peaking out is there wet head. Try it. LOL

I totally agree. I washed our SLW last weekend. Well mainly just her butt as she had had worms and her fluffy butt was not getting clean. I was shocked that she actually seemed to like it. I used a big dishpan with warm water. Once she got her tootsies in there she plunked her self right down and enjoyed the spa. Then towel wrap and blow out. She was a happy chicken.
yesss.gif

Probably just at dusk, not really sure, but it's a big owl. I was walking up the drive one night, at dusk( which in the summer months is 10 pm here ) and it flew across in front of me. He has just started hoot hooting all night, so I now he's out there. She would have put up a good fight. A couple of nights ago my daughter and I went out with our torches, home made mite balm and lice powder. We treated everyone. When we got to that little lady , she carried on " like a two bob watch." And strong, she'd have to be to lay eggs that size.
So sorry to hear of your loss. They become a big part of the family. We have owls and several different kinds of hawks that fly about. So far we have lost chicks to them but not our little bantams.

I totally agree. I washed our SLW last weekend. Well mainly just her butt as she had had worms and her fluffy butt was not getting clean. I was shocked that she actually seemed to like it. I used a big dishpan with warm water. Once she got her tootsies in there she plunked her self right down and enjoyed the spa. Then towel wrap and blow out. She was a happy chicken.
yesss.gif
It is quite hilarious to watch them at their day at the spa. lol It's strange that they will just lay there as you blow them dry. Flip them over on their backs to do their nails and they seem to be just fine with that as well. I squawk more then they do!

So our slw has been in quarantine for 3 weeks as of this weekend. No sign of any illness. I've wormed her and mite dusted her just because. Do you think I can start moving her cage next to the run this weekend or should I wait the one more week?

So our slw has been in quarantine for 3 weeks as of this weekend. No sign of any illness. I've wormed her and mite dusted her just because. Do you think I can start moving her cage next to the run this weekend or should I wait the one more week?

It can take 4-6 weeks for some problems to become apparent. Better to be safe than sorry.

I would put one of your birds in with them for the last two weeks. If no signs of illness..they should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom