The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

They look older than 8 months...is the hen molting or was she loosing feathers from the rooster breeding her? If she's molting, then she's well over 15 months old.

No. They aren't molting and I didn't see any signs of feather damage from breeding. They came in perfect condition. Jerry said they were 8 months old when I paid for them a month ago, so they'd be 9 months old now. Since he's the breeder, I'll go with that. It doesn't matter much to me anyway unless they were like 5 years old. lol. It's the start of my SLW flock.

No. They aren't molting and I didn't see any signs of feather damage from breeding. They came in perfect condition. Jerry said they were 8 months old when I paid for them a month ago, so they'd be 9 months old now. Since he's the breeder, I'll go with that. It doesn't matter much to me anyway unless they were like 5 years old. lol. It's the start of my SLW flock.
I am sure Jerry is shooting you straight.

Dan

I have 3 Different color phazes of Wyandottes....2 molted before a year old. One still has not and is about 13 months old. They alll originally came from Foley stock.

My blrw are in a molt now and they are barely 6 months old.

Yep...it was my BLRB first, then the Partridge....the holdout is the SL and she hasn't laid a stinkin' egg.

Back
Top Bottom