The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Gosh I really hope they aren't both Roos... As far as tail feathers, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. They both got tails early like they say the girls do, but sylvies is a smidge shorter than heathers. All this wait and see is really making me dislike the species lol I'm so impatient.

A couple of my backyard babies!

On the left is the roo abd on the right is the pullet. You can see the roos tell feathers still have a bit of fluff the pullets tail has all its feathers. :)

Ah well his tail isn't quite as "fluff" as my roo Cochins but it's also not the same as heathers. I'm guessing I have a pair looking at your pair I could almost confuse them with mine. I probably should have mentioned that sylvie is also bigger and thicker legged.

And everyone thought I was crazy for getting 16 chickens, only 3 were straight runs but so far I have 3 Roos and 4 more I'm questioning
1f615.png
worst chicken chooser ever

Ah well his tail isn't quite as "fluff" as my roo Cochins but it's also not the same as heathers. I'm guessing I have a pair looking at your pair I could almost confuse them with mine. I probably should have mentioned that sylvie is also bigger and thicker legged.

And everyone thought I was crazy for getting 16 chickens, only 3 were straight runs but so far I have 3 Roos and 4 more I'm questioning
1f615.png
worst chicken chooser ever

Not the worst. I picked 6 out of the pullet box and 3 are roosters lol. That's just magical right there. I turn pullets into roosters lol. Oh well. The good thing is the pullets are total sweethearts and my roosters are really friendly as far as roosters go lol. :)

Not the worst. I picked 6 out of the pullet box and 3 are roosters lol. That's just magical right there. I turn pullets into roosters lol. Oh well. The good thing is the pullets are total sweethearts and my roosters are really friendly as far as roosters go lol. :)

Ooo now that's bad luck... I guess it just leaves me more room for my pretty eggs breeder order next year although SLWs aren't on that list

I've decided to get rid of a few. I've ordered some hatching eggs. Ameracaunas and black copper marans. Hopefully some hatch and hopefully they are not all roosters lol

I'm ordering a variety of pretty egg layer chicks, most likely from chicken scratch poultry. All the places I've found that have the breeds I want only sell straight runs... Here's hoping we are luckier next year!

Here is a few updated photos of our girls at 10 weeks old- quite pleased with the lacing considering they came from Tractor Supply. Does anyone have show quality on here...is there a facebook group dedicated to the slw?

Back
Top Bottom