The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

There may be some place near you, but I got mine from Farm King. My other chickens came from mypetchickens.com. they are always in touch with you, courteous and have sent great chicks. They even sexed to males for me for a $1.00 charge each.

How did I not find this thread till today?
hu.gif

But sure glad that I did! I am a newbie witha mixed flock of 6 chicks (they are about 4 weeks old). One is a SLW. Ironically, my 7 year old nephew took one look at the black little fuzzy chick and named her Silver. (kinda of freaky he did that with NO prep of what she was).

I am researching the breed so don't know a lot right now. Trying to determine if Silver is a she....or a he. I'm sure its too early to tell!

Here are the most current pictures of Silver.

I look forward to learning more on this thread!
Christina in WA State

Last edited:
I will try to post a couple of pics of my 2, Daphne and Sugar Plum. Daphne is friendly and will hang around your feet, but Sugar Plum is a lap hen...lol And an affection hog...lol But I love them!

A silly question but one that came up with my friends. How do you pronounce the breeds name? Win-dot? Wine-dot? Win-dote?....they are a beautiful breed and would like to have some- but it would be nice to be able to sound like I know what I am asking for.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom