The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
where do you find the breed standards for chickens? I thought about raising a show chicken but I wouldn't even know where to start!

The American Poultry Association publishes a book on the standard for each bird, it is called the American Standard Of Perfection. It can be purchased on the APA web site or of course Amazon, or probably a local book store could get it for you. Our public library has an older version of it. Your library may have a copy too if you want to have a look at it before buying. If they don't, ask about an interlibrary loan, that is where they get a book from another library for you to borrow, sometimes there is a fee associated with it.

I hope this helps

I finally took pictures of my SLW..I stink at photo taking..tell me what you think ..of the birds..not my lack of talent in the photo department.
gig.gif

I got my first Wyandotte egg from my pullets today! Such a lovely pinkish cream color. Exactly the same as my SLW hen's. I wish I knew if it was from the SLW, or one of the two GLW's. I will have to sneak down to the coop this weekend and see if I can catch one of them on the nest. The curtains over the nest boxes have stopped the sleeping in the boxes, but will make it hard to see who's laying.

So excited!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom