The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
Here are my two young ladys ! Just need a boyfriend for them but I attualy can not find one within cumbria grrrr lol The girl who has her butt to the camera does not have the silver feathering on her neck, just a black colouring. Will have to get a beter picture somtime ! Enjoying watching them fill out and grow up !

Thank you in advance for any help! Last year I started 2 SLW pullets. They were the only 100% correct sexing that I got. I lost one at Christmas. Out of 14 pullets that I started with, I have 4 left. So, this year when I ordered new pullets, I ordered one SLW. This year I ordered from My Pet Chicken.

They look pretty nice to me. Especially not coming from a large breeder. I get mine from a hatchery in Meyer, IA and have experienced amazing results. Need to post recent pics.......

It just depends on the bird itself. I have some really energetic SLW and I also have lazy ones that sit in the sun all day bossing everyone around lol.
Oh good! I'm glad to hear that not all of them are really energetic. The one I have doesn't move as fast as the Australorp or RIR in with her, but does eat and drink and keeps up with them pretty well.

They look pretty nice to me. Especially not coming from a large breeder. I get mine from a hatchery in Meyer, IA and have experienced amazing results. Need to post recent pics.......

Any idea on sex of this chick? I am very hopeful to get a buddy for my loan SLW

Any idea on sex of this chick? I am very hopeful to get a buddy for my loan SLW

The chick looks like a pullet. How old is he/she? Also you won't be able to determine things like type and lacing until they are at the very least 3 months old. You will have a very strong idea at 8 months of what the bird will look like as an adult.

Their lacing sure changes a lot and fast! Here are some pics of my SLW April's progression. She's still losing feathers like crazy and getting new ones.

I got her around 7 weeks old (4/2/13)

5 weeks later (5/8/13)

Today (6/10/13)

Not too bad for a hatchery bird!

Those three pics were taken at 4 weeks. She has a bit more white now. I don't remember my other two having that pronounced white on the shoulders last year. Very striking. Thanks for helping with this. I think the biggest worry is that you care for them day in and day out, then find out you can't keep one.

Back
Top Bottom