The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
9 wk photos! Pullet right?
135714C2-A6A4-4C46-AE1E-2C561D107C50-1839-000000BE9A0F94F1.jpg

Really thinking of starting to show SLW as they are beautiful and have fell in love with my two girls. Any tips for a nice showing bird as I am thinking of breeding my two girls next year and keeping a nice looking chick. Also these I my two girls still growing up :)

Mine are about the same age. ... two showing no signs but one has spent all day looking for a nest. .. she finally ended up in the coop but sadly not the nesting box I slaved on. ...:-( no egg yet but I'm waiting to hand out cigars.

Update! She just layed!

Edit.... she is a BLRB not an SL. Our SL's comb and wattles haven't even reddened up yet. Stop by for a cigar anyway though!

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Maybe a silly question, but it's the development of red comb and wattles signal the start of egg paying? In all breeds? How long after?

Thanks

Mine are about the same age. ... two showing no signs but one has spent all day looking for a nest. .. she finally ended up in the coop but sadly not the nesting box I slaved on. ...:-( no egg yet but I'm waiting to hand out cigars.

Update! She just layed!

Edit.... she is a BLRB not an SL. Our SL's comb and wattles haven't even reddened up yet. Stop by for a cigar anyway though!
Congratulations Scott! I saw the egg over o the BLRW thread, a perfect looking egg. I imagine your other 2 girls will not be far behind.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom