The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
Delisha, and Dracoe19,
Thank you for your help. Hopefully with time and patience they will settle in. I just try to remember that this is all new, and not introduce too many new experiences each day. We pulled out the calf mana, and I will add it to their food in the morning. Our last ditch plan is to move them in to the grow out pen once my nine pullets move to the main coop. They can stay there indefinitely. We wont try any mixing for four weeks. Then they will be 16 weeks. Very close to POL.

Had to tell someone, 2 little slw peeps have hatched!
1f423.png
1f423.png
. Gotta sit on my hands and resist the temptation to open the bator until the rest hatch.
Aww, congrats!! It's so exciting isn't it!!!

pretty chicks...that little pullet on the right has some really nice lacing..
Why do you only have three chicks this summer?

This year I wasn't able to start hatching until mid-June and by that time the heat was well over 90 degrees every day and no one wanted to mate...I put well over 60 eggs in the bator but only got these guys. I know absolutely my three cocks are fertile but the only time I got the few chicks I got was when the temps dropped and that was quite rare....I honestly never saw them breed and I don't blame them with the heat. I got a few Orpington/SLW crosses but sadly lost those :/. Just a bad year for my silvers. Thankfully got some partridge wyandottes though. I'm still going to take sperm samples to see if their fertility dropped and just out of curiosity.

Back
Top Bottom