The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Hello! I recently got 2 SLW pullets. They're about 2 weeks old now and I've noticed that their combs look different. One looks like what I'd expect a rosecomb to look like, but the other looks like it's getting a
single comb??? Is this normal? Does anyone know why theres such a difference? :)Thanks!

Single comb SLW's do exist, but are not SOP, and you can not show them. If you breed the single comb SLW it will definitely come back to haunt you in successive breeding. It comes from the different breeds in the birds background. Hatcheries do not care about SOP or Standard Bred Large Fowl.
Kurt

I only have the 2 pullets, no SLW roo so if they end up breeding with the roos I do have, theyre going to be mixed anyway. :p I dont show any of my birds, just keep them cause I love having them! I sure got curious though when I noticed that, it got me to wondering if that was a common occurance. Ive got 2 GLW also but their combs look normal so it was just that one oddbird out that I couldnt figure on since I hadnt heard of a single comb wyandotte. Thanks for taking time to help out!:)

Back
Top Bottom