The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Hi guys.. I have a silver laced wyandotte bantam in a mixed breed bantam flock.. Does anyone have any picture of a slw crossed with a lemon sablepoot... Or a pekin? Thanks, regards :)

They didn't have any.
sad.png
he.gif
barnie.gif

I picked up 12 silver laced wyandottes and 3 black sex lincks
D.gif
yesss.gif

I've got two SLWs and a columbian. I'm pretty sure the columbian is a pullet just based on her behavior, but I'm not so sure about the other two. #1 we call raptor and #2 we call Bellatrix. I read that roos will have a blunt tail while pullets will have a pointed tail, which would make #1 a roo, but #2 has redder wattles and comb and more scraggly neck feathers. I'm new at chickens though, so I really have zero experience here. I took some pictures for the experts to analyze :) They're 5 weeks in these first pictures, 2weeks in the last.

The pair.

Raptor.

Bellatrix.

Scuttle.

2 weeks.

The columbian is extremely timid and keeps to herself. The two SLWs aren't very friendly either, but it's different with them, they're more standoffish and distrusting.

I've got two SLWs and a columbian. I'm pretty sure the columbian is a pullet just based on her behavior, but I'm not so sure about the other two. #1 we call raptor and #2 we call Bellatrix. I read that roos will have a blunt tail while pullets will have a pointed tail, which would make #1 a roo, but #2 has redder wattles and comb and more scraggly neck feathers. I'm new at chickens though, so I really have zero experience here. I took some pictures for the experts to analyze :) They're 5 weeks in these first pictures, 2weeks in the last.

The pair.

Raptor.

Bellatrix.

Scuttle.

2 weeks.

The columbian is extremely timid and keeps to herself. The two SLWs aren't very friendly either, but it's different with them, they're more standoffish and distrusting.

#2 looks like a roo to me.

I am looking for silver laced Wyandotte exhibition breeders. I am in Southern California and I have 3 sons who want to show them in 4-H.

Thank you!

Deanna

I am looking for silver laced Wyandotte exhibition breeders. I am in Southern California and I have 3 sons who want to show them in 4-H.

Thank you!

Deanna
Chickenhill, delisha, and PeakyBeaky have very nice birds. I don't know if they are still taking orders though. Also check out the 2014 Wyandotte breeders directory for a list of breeders.

Back
Top Bottom