The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Love my SLW!!!! Here is my 12 week old pullet?

Last edited:

I say pullet? In the previous post because of the differences between the chicken in question and the obvious cockerel. The tail feathers are not as high, and he already had saddle feathers coming in. And there's more silver on his head than the other. :/ I'm lost, please help.

Last edited:

I say pullet? In the previous post because of the differences between the chicken in question and the obvious cockerel. The tail feathers are not as high, and he already had saddle feathers coming in. And there's more silver on his head than the other.
hmm.png
I'm lost, please help.
It is a rooster.

I can tell you that the little SLW that i added to my flock this spring is a delight.  She's about 10 weeks old, is always on a mission.  She's not a bit aggressive, nor does she seem to get pecked on by the other pullets in her age group.  As far as quality, I defer to the experts.
mine are the same way. Spunky. I have two and they rode home on the rooster's back the day I got them. Lol They venture further and try new things faster than the others. They are cute and fun to watch.

I am hatching my first batch of eggs out of my incubator. I had 5 BLRW eggs and 2 made it to lockdown and are pipping... I REALLY want to add Silver laced wyandottes to the flock as well but prefer not to do hatchery because they just don't look as healthy or pretty! also I have a small incubator ( brinsea mini advanced) and only want to hatch 3-4 eggs. .. is there anyone here that has hatching SLW eggs for sell? Please let ,me know Id love to get them in the bator soon :) I am in WA state and I could pick up locally or I am willing to pay for shipping as well :)

Thank you! :)

Jenn

Back
Top Bottom