The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Thank you for the feed back I received these two Wyandottes from a gal, who's other chickens wouldn't accept them. A rooster and a hen, 17 weeks old.

Ladies ladies help me ID my eggs
[/IMG]

The picture w/ 3 eggs is from our first find. I think they are from my Silver girl. The picture w/ 2 eggs is from today. I found these and think another lady has started laying. Are the lighter ones from my SLW?! I have a GLW, SLW, Golden comet (red sex link?), 2 EEs and a Buff Brahma. Silver and Comet have the reddest combs so they are my suspects.

Last edited:
[/URL]
The picture w/ 3 eggs is from our first find. I think they are from my Silver girl. The picture w/ 2 eggs is from today. I found these and think another lady has started laying. Are the lighter ones from my SLW?! I have a GLW, SLW, Golden comet (red sex link?), 2 EEs and a Buff Brahma. Silver and Comet have the reddest combs so they are my suspects.

Thanks
smile.png
Well...I have a couple SLW that lay an egg very close in color to your lighter eggs and RSL that lay a color similiar to the egg on the right of the 3. But as I have never had any GLW or BB I can't say for sure that your Silver laid the lighter ones or not..

[/URL]

Thanks
smile.png
I have an EE and a SLW who lay very similar colored eggs. My EE's are more pinkish with brown freckles and my SLW is slightly more tan/darker but not by much. My EE's eggs are also larger than the SLW's.

0.jpg

Wondering on your thoughts on whether my SLW is a pullet or cockerel. I am hoping pullet, but since I don't have another to compare her to, she is making me nervous. They are 9 weeks old, with the exception of the 2 EE's, which are about 10 days younger. View the video in HD (you have to switch it using the little gear under the video window), it looks a lot clearer. :)

Thanks, Tina
I'm still quite the amateur at this and I asked this question yesterday on the breed/gender page...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/908223/silver-laced-wyandotte-sex-paranoia

I have 6 SLWs from eFowl (Cackle). 5 are suppose to be pullets and one is a roo. I was afraid of the pink/red tinge all the combs are turning and I was assured my pullets are pullets. Mine are 5 weeks old. At 9 weeks, I'm not seeing very prominent wattles on yours which would lead me to believe it is a pullet. Also the rose comb on my roo is much wider. But like I said, I'm very new at this or maybe I'm not seeing well enough in the video.

Here's my roo. (5 weeks old)

And here's some of my pullets...

I'm still quite the amateur at this and I asked this question yesterday on the breed/gender page...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/908223/silver-laced-wyandotte-sex-paranoia

I have 6 SLWs from eFowl (Cackle). 5 are suppose to be pullets and one is a roo. I was afraid of the pink/red tinge all the combs are turning and I was assured my pullets are pullets. Mine are 5 weeks old. At 9 weeks, I'm not seeing very prominent wattles on yours which would lead me to believe it is a pullet. Also the rose comb on my roo is much wider. But like I said, I'm very new at this or maybe I'm not seeing well enough in the video.

Here's my roo. (5 weeks old)

And here's some of my pullets...

looks like you've got it right to me. The first pullet may be suspect, just because she has larger wattles than the other two, but I still think it's a girl.

Back
Top Bottom