The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

I'm still quite the amateur at this and I asked this question yesterday on the breed/gender page...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/908223/silver-laced-wyandotte-sex-paranoia

I have 6 SLWs from eFowl (Cackle). 5 are suppose to be pullets and one is a roo. I was afraid of the pink/red tinge all the combs are turning and I was assured my pullets are pullets. Mine are 5 weeks old. At 9 weeks, I'm not seeing very prominent wattles on yours which would lead me to believe it is a pullet. Also the rose comb on my roo is much wider. But like I said, I'm very new at this or maybe I'm not seeing well enough in the video.

Here's my roo. (5 weeks old)

And here's some of my pullets...

Thanks! I am just going to wait and see at this point. I am leaning (and hoping for) towards a pullet. She/he has no wattles at all. It does have a pinker comb than my other chicks (which are all other breeders, so maybe not comparable), but the comb is not developing or getting larger. It also does not stand/walk in a very roo like way (upright). If it starts to crow, then I'll know, lol. :)

well i ordered SLW eggs on ebay

3 arrived smashed 1 blew up in the bator (smelled great )
rant.gif

all the others but 1 were clear

anyone on here willing to sell me some hatching eggs

i'm on the east coast

at this point anything better than hatchery quality would be better than what i have at the moment

thanks
piglett

Thank you. She is energetic and always running around chasing the others and flying...omg always trying to fly around, lol.

Thank you. She is energetic and always running around chasing the others and flying...omg always trying to fly around, lol.
Well, personally I think she is much more beautiful then a Barred Rock! However, chicken beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I hope you enjoy this beautiful hen.

Back
Top Bottom