The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Thank you! She is gorgeous, but very skittish. I hope she calms down once she starts laying!
Mine are bad. they didn't used to be, when they were chicks in the house I always handled them, I thought they like it cause they would wait on me at the brooder door to ride around house, but after they got old enough to go outside and free range they wont let me near them, wont even come when called at feed time????? IDK ????

We bought some SLW this year. They are so cute! Here's a picture of our rooster captain.

This our hen jay.

This Captain (formally Catherine) as a chick.

there are all of them! Love chicks!
love.gif

This is our other hen badger.

I have 2, 18 week old Silver laced Wyandottes, one with a rose comb and one with a straight comb, also their tail feathers are different, I have been assuming one Rooster one Hen. As one has a longer tail feather. When I look at pictures of SLW, my "roo" looks nothing like the roosters. He looks like a hen with a long tail feather. My question, when to the roosters develop the long neck feathers and saddle?

Here's my little SLW and her incubation sibling ( tolbunt polish. ) got them some outside time for pics but it was to hot so only stayed out a few mins as the littles began to pant almost immediately

Back
Top Bottom