The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Males look different. More black(less lacing) around the neck. And, they tend to feather in slower on their backs. Both your birds also, have darker combs than a cockerel would have at this age.
Thanks, I sure hope so!
I have a nice BLR cockerel he needs some nice ladies.
Out of 16 chicks I raised this summer, 12 turned out to be Roos!!!!!!
I'm the Rooster queen.

Hi I am wondering if this is for sure a pullet she is just over 10 weeks old. she looks the same as my gold laced but she is a little bigger and they are the same age I am not sure if that is a sign that she is actually a cockerel? they have started molting their juvenile feathers and the lacing is starting to really come in pretty their combs and waddles are about the same as well just over all the silver laced is larger. thanks for the help :)

Hi I am wondering if this is for sure a pullet she is just over 10 weeks old. she looks the same as my gold laced but she is a little bigger and they are the same age I am not sure if that is a sign that she is actually a cockerel? they have started molting their juvenile feathers and the lacing is starting to really come in pretty their combs and waddles are about the same as well just over all the silver laced is larger. thanks for the help :)

I say cockerel. :)

She looks just like the one I thought was a roo, until my rooster started mating her and she began to lay eggs. I am not sure, but my guess is hen

My baby SLW.

Just an update on my 17-18 week old pullet who's gender I asked about a week or two ago, she layed her first egg 2 days ago :D

We just got 3 SLW's in our newest chick order. First time for this breed and I'm loving them already! They're a little over a week old and have tons of personality. Here's a picture of one of them. :)

Back
Top Bottom