The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Hi all.
Just going to sit here and learn if you don't mind. Do to several different issues I wound up with some space in my coop up here in the frozen tozen land. After much researching (and a budget reality check on the Swedish breeds) I decided the SLW's would be a nice fit with my BA ladies and just today placed my order for a half dozen chicks. Soonest delivery for safety from freezing (I hope) was May 2nd so I have lots of time to sit and dream. I took a chance and ordered from MyPetChicken, Here's hoping I get decent birds. Not expecting SOP but they claim they are heritage not production lines so????

ETA - I just read elsewhere that these are not the friendliest birds? That they are docile and talkative but not the most "sociable" with humans (aka not likely to jump on your lap, etc.) and rather aloof. Also tend to be a bit domineering in the flock. Is this true? If so, I may have made a mistake. I wanted birds that would blend well personality wise with my BAs and something my grandchildren might be able to handle.

Your experienced input would be appreciated.

This is Emmy my SLW. She's very quiet & very docile. She's actually the lowest rank in our flock. She wont come up & sit on your lap like some of the others do, but if you pick her up, most of the time she'll let you hold her. She's 7-8 months now & still no eggs.

This is Emmy my SLW. She's very quiet & very docile. She's actually the lowest rank in our flock. She wont come up & sit on your lap like some of the others do, but if you pick her up, most of the time she'll let you hold her. She's 7-8 months now & still no eggs.
Thank you for the pic! She is beautiful!
love.gif
I hope my girls grow up to be this pretty.

I just got on Foley's list for 6 SL Wyandotte chicks. Im super excited to get them! I plan to show them in some state shows near me. Anybody own Foley's SL Wyandottes?

Back
Top Bottom