The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Here's mine at that age purchased from TSC one has more lacing than the others. They are getting even more lacing now at 5 weeks. I think it just takes time to see how they are going to mature.
Blessings!
Sorry I just now realized that you got them at the tractor supply. They are high-quality for store-bought birds, that's for sure.

So here you can see the two 9 week old chicks with their their combs and waddles. I suppose we could be looking at roosters, but they were sexed by hatchery (so I guess I am rooting for ugly hens instead of handsome roosters) so conflicted
smile.png
sad.png
, so if they are roo's I guess they will be nice ones. If hens perhaps they will lay lots of nice eggs even if they do look like this as adults. Any thought? Are they roos or just not good laced hens?

I'm double checking on my slw. Early on I asked for opinions on here and most said it was a roo, then a few weeks ago most were saying pullet. I'm hoping at 11 weeks I can get another opinion now that the bird is a little older. I'll need to rehome soon if it's a boy. Thanks

I'm not even gonna to try to guess. My roo-vision is only 20/20 in hindsight. I look back at pictures & think "Duh!! How did we not know that was a boy?" I want to say pullet not only because I excel at wishful thinking, but also because I've never had a roo that wasn't trying to crow by 11 weeks. Anybody else?

Back
Top Bottom