The Sizzle Thread!

Thank you. Sizzles are quite a heavy duty project so I love it when someone appreciates them. I am wanting to purchase some Sizzle chicks. Does anyone know where I can purchase some? I am in Kansas but can travel within reason. Thank you! Sizzles are supposed to have a deep mulberry colored walnut comb, just like a Silkie. But now that you mention it, I suppose I probably got some blue rose combs along the way. I'm not sure exactly when I got the first ones, but I can tell you that I'm still getting them as I just had one crop up in a 10th gen. rooster. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with your Sizzle project & will probably learn more about genetics that you ever want to know - at least I did. However, if I had it to do over, I would buy eggs or birds from others that were a few generations ahead of me & had already gone through the rough spots. It would have saved me a lot of headaches! The first generation is very encouraging - you get some birds that are really yucky (though usually kind of "cute" yucky) & you'll probably get a few that are actually a pretty good representative of what a Sizzle should be. You'll think "Wow, look at me. I made a Sizzle!!" Unfortunately, it's all downhill from there & you'll be lucky to get much of anything even remotely resembling a Sizzle for the next few generations. At least that was my experience but maybe others have done better & will chime in about their Sizzle projects. Also, here's a friendly word of warning. We all know that Silkies are addictive but I want to tell you that Sizzles are every bit as bad. Plus, to make matters worse, your Sizzle project is going to give you some adorable Frizzled Silkies, & they're just as addictive as Silkies & Sizzles. I hope you have a coop builder in your family!! lol Here are some of my Frizzled Silkies. Good Luck!! Sheri

People are commenting in other threads that there is no such thing as a Smooth Sizzle but I have read otherwise, which is what I think I have here... thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 13
Blue smooth sizzle/smooth satin. Not complete sure of age 10-11 weeks maybe. Hen or roo?
IMG_2460.JPG
IMG_2473.JPG
IMG_2477.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG
I was told it's not common for my chick to have the streamers....

omg I love sizzles I have wanted one for some time, I own silkies but no frizzle breeds :/
but now finally I found a woman that has pekin bantams, that are both fizzle and not frizzled, I'm probably going to buy 2 frizzled and 1-2 non-frizzle (depends on how many beautiful color she will have)
I'm so exited, I will then in few years have create sizzle flock :love

but how is it, I breed the silkie to the frizzle pekin bantam and get few that have smooth feather and some frizzle, but after some time the start looking more and more to the silkies but frizzled?
and then when I have the perfect sizzle look I keep a beautiful frizzled sizzle rooster and mate him with perfect sizzle hens, will I then still be sometimes getting smooth feathers and silkies or will I then have only frizzled because I would have both sizzle roo and hens ? :)
sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just curious :)

I just hatched egg that could be smooth sizzle last week. I can’t wait to see who feathers out sizzle. I’m thinking the black and red Pyle. And I’m hoping this guy.
B1B4BAE5-88F8-4952-9BEA-4C381D99A83C.jpeg
80646130-F5BB-47A3-B7C3-7A0894262E1D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom