The Sizzle Thread!

pretty babies!!
i wouldn't hesitate to use them for red pyle project. but not sure if i would take a chance in using them for paint. paint tends to have an issue with red/yellow brassy tones in their feathers and this might add to the problems to your line. it might take longer to breed that color out than start over. you might have better luck if you find a solid black sizzle boy for your paint hen or a black with silver leakage would be great too.
but i know not always possible to add more pens and harder to add more roo's, so do whats best for you!
loving the colors, very nice!! 

Thank you! I do have a black chick in the brooder from Kathy Leininger that I am hoping is a roo. :)

pretty babies!!
i wouldn't hesitate to use them for red pyle project. but not sure if i would take a chance in using them for paint. paint tends to have an issue with red/yellow brassy tones in their feathers and this might add to the problems to your line. it might take longer to breed that color out than start over. you might have better luck if you find a solid black sizzle boy for your paint hen or a black with silver leakage would be great too.
but i know not always possible to add more pens and harder to add more roo's, so do whats best for you!
loving the colors, very nice!! 

After looking into red Pyle it is basically black breasted red with the dominant "II" white gene. If I were to cross either of these chicks with a black breasted red, would I be taking the next step towards a Red Pyle? That is assuming these chicks have the II white from their paint mother..?

This girl is excited. Im getting this beautiful boy Tuesday. I know he has a red comb, but I think he will make beautiful babies with my SL Polish and Silver Partridge Silkie. He's coming with a blue smooth pullet. Going back to doing my happy dance...

Last edited:
I'm also getting a nice blue smooth hen. She only has 4 toes on each foot. What is the best way to correct that? Breed her to a near perfect Silkie roo? What feather type will that give me? Silkie and smooth or just smooth?

If your little sizzle boy has 5 toes on each foot, breed her to him. You will get smooths and frizzles. You could breed her to a Silkie, but you'd only get Silkie and smooth feathers.
He's adorable!

Very cute!

I've separated my birds into breeding pens over the past couple of days. I put my dark blue (I think, he could be black, I'll have to wait and see!) Sizzle cockerel in with my splash Silkie hens and my splash Silkie cockerel is in a pen with a Sizzle (frizzled), a blue Silkie and a frizzled Silkie. My black Silkie roo has a mottled Cochin (I want to give mottled Sizzles a try), a couple of smooth and frizzled Sizzles and blue, black and splash Silkies. Now I just need to give them a few weeks so chicks hatch from the right groups, get some eggs and incubate them.
Seriously can not wait for a test hatch!

Back
Top Bottom