The story that never ends.

Fairfax sat there stunned. How can this be real? A tiger, who was talking to her. But not out loud, inside her mind. She finally gathered her wits enough to ask a few questions. "Why am I still out here in the forest? Why were you leaning over me, breathing all over me? You know you scaring me half to death! You really did. But the questions that plagues me the most, How do you know my name and how can I hear your voice in my mind?" Fairfax asked Thoran. He finally got up to move away from her a little bit. Finding a spot he liked, he plopped down hard. He looked at her for a few moments before he started." My race is almost long forgotten now. We were called Nephilims, but The Plains Indians used to refer to us by a different, more simpler name." He smiled to himself,"To them we were call great animal Spirit Guides. Spirits that came to them, in their times of parallels and heartaches, in order to help show and guide them to the right paths. Times were much simpler back then. That's the best I can explain it Fairfax. I'm your Spirit Guide. I was called to you when you slipped and hit you head, trying to save the sparrow. You had a bad concussion and was slipping into a coma. The rainstorm had chilled your body to the point of hypotharmia. So I was leaning over you and breathing on you, not to scare you to death, but because I was sharing my life force with you. As a side effect of the bonding, you can hear my voice inside your mind and I know everything about you." Thoran concluded. Fairfax sat there quite for awhile. Then asked," Do you mean to say I would have died if you didn't help me?" Thoran nodded his head and said," Most definitely."

Last edited:
Fairfax sat there stunned. How can this be real? A tiger, who was talking to her. But not out loud, inside her mind. She finally gathered her wits enough to ask a few questions. "Why am I still out here in the forest? Why were you leaning over me, breathing all over me? You know you scaring me half to death! You really did. But the questions that plagues me the most, How do you know my name and how can I hear your voice in my mind?" Fairfax asked Thoran. He finally got up to move away from her a little bit. Finding a spot he liked, he plopped down hard. He looked at her for a few moments before he started." My race is almost long forgotten now. We were called Nephilims, but The Plains Indians used to refer to us by a different, more simpler name." He smiled to himself,"To them we were call great animal Spirit Guides. Spirits that came to them, in their times of parallels and heartaches, in order to help show and guide them to the right paths. Times were much simpler back then. That's the best I can explain it Fairfax. I'm your Spirit Guide. I was called to you when you slipped and hit you head, trying to save the sparrow. You had a bad concussion and was slipping into a coma. The rainstorm had chilled your body to the point of hypotharmia. So I was leaning over you and breathing on you, not to scare you to death, but because I was sharing my life force with you. As a side effect of the bonding, you can hear my voice inside your mind and I know everything about you." Thoran concluded. Fairfax sat there quite for awhile. Then asked," Do you mean to say I would have died if you didn't help me?" Thoran nodded his head and said," Most definitely."

Fairfax sighed, looking around. "Where is my chi--" She stopped and spun around and saw….

Fairfax sighed, looking around. "Where is my chi--" She stopped and spun around and saw….

Her brother was walking up to her. "Fairfax! There you are, you had me so scared....wait, were you just talking to someone?" Fairfax thought how was she ever going to explain her sitting there talking to a tiger. She was turning around, about to say," Thi...." But Thoran was no were to be found. She looked back at her brother, confusion filled his eyes as he looked to the empty clearing. But looked back at her and asked,"What happened to you, sister? Why are you laying there on the cold forest floor? Your going to get sick." He chided. She rubbed her head and looked back to where the tiger had been. Then said, "I slipped and fell. I think I hit my head. I'm alright, it just knocked me out for awhile." Her brother corrected her, "Awhile? It's been 12 hours!" We couldn't call the police until 24 hours had past. We've been looking for you, everywhere. That's when she heard Thoran's voice, "Only you can see me Fairfax, I am YOUR Spirit Animal. Not your brother's. Go home now and please be safer." The voice paused then said," and your chickens are fine, they are safe at your home. It was just a dream that you lost Polly. Go now, your ankle is also healed." She was starting to feel the cold. So she tried to get up, by herself, but she was too stiff. So her let her brother help her up. She looked at him and repeated shocked, "12 hours! Really...

Last edited:
"So you really didn't see that tiger did you brother? asked Fairfax. No. her brother replied. She and her brother got back to the house where they had an enormous dinner. Fairfax could not quit thinking about the spirit guardian. later that night when she crawled into bed she was playing the visions in her head over and over. Fairfax fell asleep. A whisper came from outside "Fairfax" but it didn't wake her until it became so close it was like he was whispering in her ear "Fairfax". Fairfax woke up and remembering what her spirit guide said to stay home and be safe she fell back asleep. The whispering began again "Fairfax" this time Fairfax was really curious so she sat up to see the window open and she climbed out the window to see who was whispering to her it was coming from the forest Fairfax slowly walked into the forest until the whispering stopped..............

"So you really didn't see that tiger did you brother?  asked Fairfax.  No. her brother replied.  She and her brother got back to the house where they had an enormous dinner.  Fairfax could not quit thinking about the spirit guardian.  later that night when she crawled into bed she was playing the visions in her head over and over.  Fairfax fell asleep.  A whisper came from outside "Fairfax"  but it didn't wake her until it became so close it was like he was whispering in her ear "Fairfax".  Fairfax woke up and remembering what her spirit guide said to stay home and be safe she fell back asleep.  The whispering began again "Fairfax"  this time Fairfax was really curious so she sat up to see the window open and she climbed out the window to see who was whispering to her it was coming from the forest Fairfax slowly walked into the forest until the whispering stopped..............

She finally came to her senses. She must have only been half awake. She looked around herself. None of this was normal. Why would she be out here? She vaguely remembered following a voice. But that voice wasn't Thoran's, she had never heard it before. Why would she be following a strange voice, let alone one that called her by name, into the forest at night? Then all at once she got a sickening feeling, deep in the pit of her stomach. It was like an impending evilness was getting closer by the minute. Fairfax stood there in silence, her breathing barely audible. She strained her ears to hear anything, other than the nighttime sounds of the forest. That's when she heard it. She closed her eyes in order to concentrate better on the sound. It was coming from her left and approaching fast and steadily. She just knew that it was a sinister force, the very same one that was causing her stomach to turn. She had to leave and fast! Of that she was certain! So she started running through the darkness, but......

Last edited:
She finally came to her senses. She must have only been half awake. She looked around herself. None of this was normal. Why would she be out here? She vaguely remembered following a voice. But that voice wasn't Thoran's, she had never heard it before. Why would she be following a strange voice, let alone one that called her by name, into the forest at night? Then all at once she got a sickening feeling, deep in the pit of her stomach. It was like an impending evilness was getting closer by the minute. Fairfax stood there in silence, her breathing barely audible. She strained her ears to hear anything, other than the nighttime sounds of the forest. That's when she heard it. She closed her eyes in order to concentrate better on the sound. It was coming from her left and approaching fast and steadily. She just knew that it was a sinister force, the very same one that was causing her stomach to turn. She had to leave and fast! Of that she was certain! So she started running through the darkness, but......

It seems no matter how fast she ran it was like she was running in place. You know the feeling of your feet being cemented to the ground. She kept running until she tripped over a tree branch from a fallen tree. The noise came closer almost near Fairfax looked to the left the fallen tree had a hole in there a home for raccoons she assumed. Fairfax quickly climbed into the hole. The noise went silent Fairfax waited and then as she started she felt it was safe to come out she felt a warm breath breathing on her neck "Gulp" Fairfax gasped. Slowly Fairfax turned around to find....

It seems no matter how fast she ran it was like she was running in place.  You know the feeling of your feet being cemented to the ground.  She kept running until she tripped over a tree branch from a fallen tree.  The noise came closer almost near Fairfax looked to the left the fallen tree had a hole in there a home for raccoons she assumed.  Fairfax quickly climbed into the hole.  The noise went silent Fairfax waited and then as she started she felt it was safe to come out she felt a warm breath breathing on her neck "Gulp" Fairfax gasped.  Slowly Fairfax turned around to find....

A massive possum was there, with the largest black eyes, she had ever seen. She held still trying not to provoke it. After all, if it started attacking her, she was the one who intruded upon it's home. So she held her position and waited to see what it would do. That's when she felt something....

Last edited:
...wet dripping on her neck. Fairfax slowly looked up. A giant mutant owl was sitting in the tree above her with a dead chicken in its claws. Polly! Fairfax suddenly cried out for Thoran for she was scared and lonely in this unknown land.

Back
Top Bottom