The story that never ends.

Thoran sprang forth from out of the darkness, with his mighty paw he swatted the massive owl away. In it's hasty retreat, it dropped Polly's limp body. Thoran watched as Fairfax crawled out of the hole in the tree to run to her beloved pet. Fairfax gingerly pick up her friend, to assess her wounds. With tear stained eyes, she looked up at Thoran. "Help her! Take it back! Heal her. Please!" She pleaded to him. Thoran looked down with grief in his heart for her suffering. Because of their bond he felt everything she did. As a tear rolled out of his eye he said,".....

Last edited:
''Only, if you find the Crystal of Light and Darkness. It is thought to be hidden in the caves of Daelite, and is guarded by a terrible beast.'' Fairfax softly moaned as she knew before her was a path filled with danger.

"But what about her until I find it?" She asked despite. Thoran thought a moment and said," I can put her in a form of stasis. That will freezer in time, until you get back. But you must hurry, I can't keep her there for long.
Fairfax looked at Polly, one last time before she got up and....

...she asked Thoran where to find the cave of Daelite. ''There is a map in the Old Library. It lies south of here. Fairfax set out and soon came upon the library. Went she went in, a bell on the door made a tinkle she thought would be in a spa or sweet shop. No one was in sight so Fairfax started searching.

Halfway through her search, she noticed that there was a private section way in the back. Curious, Fairfax walk back there, keeping her eyes alert for anybody who would notice her presence. That's when she noticed the old books on the table and shelves. But most importantly, set off into the corner, she noticed a table laden with rolled up parchments that were....

Last edited:
...labeled as MAPS. Fairfax dusted them off and looked at the names. ''Lailiou, Kinmage, Haderyon, and Daelite. Daelite!'' She cried, one step closer to rescuing Polly.

As Fairfax turned and walked to the door to leave, that's when she realized the door was now locked. She looked for a way to unlock it but there was no way of opening. It was locked with key. Very strange, she thought to herself. For she hadn't heard anybody or saw anyone else here. She was starting to panic. She also noticed there were bars on the windows and now the door. They weren't there a minute ago. She then heard a......

The sound had came from a gnarled little twisted creature, that was standing by a door in the side of one of the bookcases. "In order to take that map, you first must give me something in trade. Something of value to you or something that's equal in worth, to that of the map. It is the only way for you to get out of here. After all you were going to steal it and that I cannot have." Fairfax thought about what she had of value on her. But she didn't have any fancy jewelry or even any money. Then she realized something, he had said,"value or worth." She looked down at her hand that bared the simple charm bracelet that had belonged to her mother. It was a relic of her mother's childhood, that she had passed on to her before she had died. It was worth the world to her. She reach down with numb fingers to undo the clasp, then slowly held it out him......

Last edited:
The creature which was like a shriveled bat, looked down at it, and when he looked up he was crying. ''No. No! Stop! It is destroying me! What is it?!'' ''L-love,'' stuttered Fairfax slowly. ''It was my mother's. She died in childbirth.'' The bat snarled and cast the bracelet away. It slid into a dusty corner under a bookcase.

Back
Top Bottom