the sultan thread

Oh my gosh, that almost made me laugh and wake up my husband (can't sleep 1:50AM) :lol:

He's so cute trying so hard! It's like he's an opera singer, trying to bring the sound from the depth of his diaphragm! Too sweet!

BTW, I forgot to mention that the one developing sultan egg from the clutch that I took away from my broody (in order for her to raise chicks I ordered) hatched!. It's adorable! I have it with a one week older chick that dwarfs her. My broody was attacking this little girl chick from McMurray, so I had to put her in the brooder. She's been alone for a week, and was a little apprehensive when I put the sultan chick in with her, but was soon cuddling up with her new pal and letting it under her wing. Too sweet!

I misplaced my camera, so I need to find it asap before this chick gets much older!

Definitely post some pictures!!
big_smile.png

How cute would that be to have a juvenile Sultan for life???? lolol. As long as it is not a health issue for her I'm ok with it.
Well, unless there is all teh normal teenage drama with fashion and boys and zits. No thanks.
Here's Slippers second morning crowing! We're going away on vacation tomorrow so we'll be away from all of them for a week
Okay I laughed every time he crowed, esp when he would twitch right before, like he had a sneeze! He has a lovely trill in the beginning, like Vebrato only not at the end. I hope he doesn't crow compulsively like that all day though. The humor would wane quickly.

Only two of my LF Sultan eggs are developing.
th.gif
I was pretty disappointed when I candled this morning. I am half hoping the seller will offer me a few more at cost of shipping. One seller did that for me before when I only ONE chick hatch. What if they are BOTH cockerels!?

Haha I know! He sounded better this morning. He's only crowed right after leaving the coop in the morning which is surprising since he's listening to 2 other roosters crow all day. Our coops are a good distance from our house so we can't hear any crowing inside.

I wish he'd take it easy with all the flying though because he keeps flying into things!

OK! So in two weeks on a Saturday we are going to a major sell, swap, and buy thing and I'm not leaving empty handed! So that means a few sultans to add to the bunch at the Harper house! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom