the sultan thread

This is Tillie. I havent any good full body shots yet. I have only had her for about three weeks. She is about 6 or 7 months old. No eggs yet. She is very sweet and docile. My daughter holds in the house while she plays video games and Tillie will nest down in the blankets very content. Im hoping that she and my white silkie rooster will produce some viable eggs but we will see. This is my first experience with a Sultan.

This is Tillie. I havent any good full body shots yet. I have only had her for about three weeks. She is about 6 or 7 months old. No eggs yet. She is very sweet and docile. My daughter holds in the house while she plays video games and Tillie will nest down in the blankets very content. Im hoping that she and my white silkie rooster will produce some viable eggs but we will see. This is my first experience with a Sultan.
That's a sulkie. Sultan/silkie cross. I've hatched some off for my aunts. So crossing her to your silkie rooster may give some actual silkies.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. I was curious about her being a cross. The blue ears made me wonder. The lady who gave her to me said she was a Sultan but the ears are blue. So with a silkie roo i could possibly get chicks that were more silkie? Cool! I have an incubator I can get my hands on maybe once shes laying Ill be able to get a viable egg.

Thanks for your input. I was curious about her being a cross. The blue ears made me wonder. The lady who gave her to me said she was a Sultan but the ears are blue. So with a silkie roo i could possibly get chicks that were more silkie? Cool! I have an incubator I can get my hands on maybe once shes laying Ill be able to get a viable egg.

She actually may go broody for you. Silkie crosses tend to go broody. Even with sultan mixed in.

Kiaa- Your birds are just stunning! I love the roo, He looks like he has a wig on with his long, flowing feathers. The look pretty big too. Mine is very small compared to the rest of the flock, a bantam for sure.

Here are my two girls! I decided to trim their crests and legs a bit because they were having issues seeing and getting muddy.

Here is Genevieve, pre-crest trim. I just love how well sultans pose for the camera!

And here is Jasmine with her before and after pics. She is still finishing up her first molt, and it looks like she was getting in a HUGE full crest! Unfortunately she was getting skittish and wasn't able to see with that full hairdo, so I trimmed it. She loves being trimmed, and immediately perked up afterward :)

And this was her pre-molt just because she's a pretty little thing :)

Back
Top Bottom